Android Auto/Samsung Problems.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone

I've recently taken delivery of a new PHEV and despite many attempts I don't seem able to get my Samsung J5 to connect via the USB port. I've looked online for any solutions, the info I've found is that the android system has to be version 5 or higher (mine's on version 7) and the USB cable has to be capable of data transers (I've checked and it would appear that it is). Despite this troubleshooting the car is still insisting that "the device connected does not support USB transfers".

Any ideas before I visit the main dealer and ask?

I've visited my Sister today who has an A5 and it worked after a couple of tries so not sure what the problem is!

Thank you.

I seem to remember another member trying to get AA to work, only to find that it wasn't a part of their spec, hopefully that's not the case for you. Where are you located?

bigbaldbloke said:
I seem to remember another member trying to get AA to work, only to find that it wasn't a part of their spec, hopefully that's not the case for you. Where are you located?

I got the impression that due to the removal of the sat nav that AA was spec in all of the vehicles? As I got it to work on my sister's android phone I can only assume it is part of the spec?

I'm in the UK, North East region.

Shame that you're a way from me, otherwise I'd gladly look at the Android set-up. At a guess, I'd say that either the J series isn't compatible or the config isn't right. Do you have the phone in USB media transfer mode with Bluetooth paired?

bigbaldbloke said:
Shame that you're a way from me, otherwise I'd gladly look at the Android set-up. At a guess, I'd say that either the J series isn't compatible or the config isn't right. Do you have the phone in USB media transfer mode with Bluetooth paired?

Thank you for the offer. As it happens I found the answer on the Mitsubishi Smartlink site and it shows that the J5 isn't compatible. So I've upgraded to an A5 instead!

http://www.iopinfo-sda.mitsubishi-motors.com/cs/bt/index.php

Back