Wipe previous owners driving history

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarty

I have just purchased a 2018 phev with 6,000 miles on the clock. On board computer only shows 17 mile ev range. How do I delete previous owners driving history to reset computer to factory settings to record my own style, useage etc?

SDarty said:
I have just purchased a 2018 phev with 6,000 miles on the clock. On board computer only shows 17 mile ev range. How do I delete previous owners driving history to reset computer to factory settings to record my own style, useage etc?

In the MMCS trip meter where it shows the history, change from auto to manual and then reset. However, this will only reset the historic data and will not change the estimated driving range. You will find that this will vary day by day as it is based on the driving style of the last few miles before you recharged.

HHL said:
SDarty said:

In the MMCS trip meter where it shows the history, change from auto to manual and then reset. However, this will only reset the historic data and will not change the estimated driving range. You will find that this will vary day by day as it is based on the driving style of the last few miles before you recharged.
.. And with the ambient temperature outside ie. It will be less in winter than in summer.

SDarty said:

Remove the 12v battery connector for few seconds ... next time you will use the car with full battery it will show ~32miles EV range ... this works on my PHEV which use km instead of miles ... so I get 52km EV range every time I disconnect the battery

Back