Updated firmware, App not working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awasen

Hi,
Anyone that can contribute to getting the App working again?

I got a new firmware installed on the car this spring and they changed the keys (longer password) but I never checked the App then as I only use it when cold out.

Now I realized that the App is not working anymore. The Mitsubishi service claims it is no service matter and I have to pay for them to look at it...

It's a 2016 model and I have a Samsung galaxy Note 8 (which worked before the upgrade).

I've tried to reset all by the warning blinker and pressing the key fob 20 times.
Tried several times to get the phone connected again, but with and without the WiFi preset, tried reinstalling the App and everything else I can think of...

Any pointers or a detailed step-by-step how to do it?

Thanks!

Evening.

What version of the app are you using and how many characters are there in the new password?

I'd be interested to know if that fixes it for you (using a different Android App to the one you currently have installed).

I've been able to connect remotely using "Outlander PHEV remote control" (the app without a i or ii after it). Within the app it says the version of the app is A.1.4.0 and that the version of my vehicle software is 0.01E.0.1.8.000. I'm using the original short code printed in the inside cover of the manual.

My fear, when I take it in for warranty work in a couple of weeks, is they'll update my vehicle software (which I guess = "firmware") and take no responsibility when the remote stops working. I may have to demonstrate that I can connect prior to handing over the car so that they are obliged to return the car in full working order.

I know I sound anal but the remote is a significant part of my purchasing decision.

p.s. I'm assuming the vehicle software/firmware is different to the MMCS and that it's not all one thing?

Sorry for the late come back...

Using the version "one" App but tested the original App as well, none of which worked.
I have a 14 digit password after the upgrade.

Back