Cannot connect to wifi anymore

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanook

I have a2018 phev. I used to be able to connect to the wifi and use the app until recently. I'm using a iPhone x with the latest iOS.

When I try to connect to the phevs wifi it just spins constantly. Eventually reverting back to an actual wifi network

What seems to be happening is my phone determines that there is no internet on the phev network so it gives up and reverts to one that does!

Anyone have the same problem or find a way around this?

Sanook said:
I have a2018 phev. I used to be able to connect to the wifi and use the app until recently. I'm using a iPhone x with the latest iOS.

When I try to connect to the phevs wifi it just spins constantly. Eventually reverting back to an actual wifi network

What seems to be happening is my phone determines that there is no internet on the phev network so it gives up and reverts to one that does!

Anyone have the same problem or find a way around this?

Have you tried to forget network and follow app instructions again. I believe you shouldn't connect manually to the car but let the app do all the connecting etc..

And I wouldn't worry to much about the "no internet" message, that's more indicating that for as long as you're on the app you won't receive data services. I guess that's as "WiFi" is synonymous with internet connectivity.

If Boulderboy's proposal doesn't work, and your phone is new since you last connected, all I would say is I managed to connect by first removing all existing registrations (similar to registration; press start without your foot on a pedal but press lock/unlock 20 times (i.e. 10 times on each button).

Hope that helps. If not, it would be interesting to see/now if you've had the car into a dealership since you last connected as I'd hate to think that any updates/warranty work they've done would impact your ability to connect.

I'm on iOS 12 with my iPhone 7, and I've started getting that message most of the time when I join a WiFi network. It usually goes away once it finds the internet. But I've had no problems connecting to the PHEV even without internet, so I don't think that's your problem

Back