Sticky gas pedal

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeroen1963

When I drive 130Km/h, in SAVE mode and B1 and I let go of the gas pedal the car start to stutter as if not knowing to let go of the brake or gas pedal. The pictos in the dashboard flicker from driving to wheels from motor to regenerating battery and vice versa. Especially going downhill this stutter is annoying. This happens to a lesser extent in B2 to B5. With full battery in D it seems almost absent.

It gets really interesting when I turn on cruise control on a speed of about 130Km/h. When cancelling cruise control through the button on the steering wheel it seems to let go from the gas immediately but it also immediately picks up gas again. Not to 100% of the original power needed to maintain 130Km/h but slightly less. This is somewhat dangerous as you expect the car to slow down. The pictos, as well as the regenerating indicator which stays up in the green, also suggest the motor is still driving the wheels.

Anybody with similar experiences?

Mitsubishi says the never heard of this problem.

That's certainly no my experience: mine just starts to slow down as expected (and stays in regen on the dial) when I take my foot off the accelerator or disconnect the ACC, so it sounds like you might have a problem. I've no idea where to suggest looking for the answer though...

Never had a problem. Only go to dealer for service . 2years 8months now.

Back