No preheating after service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishPilot

After annual service and sw update the Settings Menu does not include the preheating option. Just not there.

Any suggestions, what could be wrong?
Anything I can fix myself?

I called the service and the suggested I need to come over, but it is quite far away and I would be happy to avoid the trip.

In my case, I lost the entire "Timers" menu.

Turned out that they had performed a software update which was incompatible* with my "remote module", which Mitsubishi replaced under warranty.

Other people on the forum have had the same problem.

*either that or they busted the remote module during the service.

Yes, It happen to me too.

Not sure if it was a wrong firmware, or just some options removal .. in my case no hardware module was replaced.

I don't think there is nothing that can be done without the dealer diagnostic equipment

In my case it took a bit over 2 hours for fix this when I had to return my car. Possibly because they had some queue of other work going on. I believe the work is possibly just 30min of diagnostic operations.

In my case at least they give me "for free" the WiFi password which was not available when I got my car 2nd hand.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

I confirmed today that it is a botched software update, unfortunately the service company that planted the bug is lacking skilled personnel and I'll have to wait a while to solve it.

I tried another service, but they wanted to charge me for the repair, which I am sure should be done FOC by those who created the problem.

Back