Car stats on aftermarket stereos?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcelnl1

Hey guys!

I'm currently looking to buy a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Instyle (2013). The only thing that worries me is that the navigation doesnt seem very helpful and that its not possible to stream audio (e.g. spotify). These are two things that are important for me in a car, so I want to solve that.

So far, I've found out that it's pretty easy to replace the stereo with an aftermarket stereo. I'm looking at the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB, which is very affordable and has plenty of great navigation and streaming sound options. This would fix my problems, but.... i'm afraid that I will lose my 'car stats'-stuff, that obviously is included in the original stereo. Apparently the back camera would work just fine with this pioneer.

I am unable to find any information whatsoever on the internet about the stats part. Does anybody know if this pioneer, or any other pioneer, or any other after market stereo supports car stats?

Thanks guys!

I would suggest that you try the original MMCS first. It isn't half as bad as some internet hype suggests. You can always replace it if you like.
For instance - when I plug my iPhone into the USB it gets recognized and I can stream on-line radio. I wouldn't know about Spotify specifically.
Regarding navigation: yesterday it worked flawlessly when Google Maps was completely confused. Actually I find it quite good, but a lot worse in theUK. That is caused by Naviteq.

Back