Just bought an Outlander PHEV......

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuneha

Just bought an Outlander PHEV.

It is a MY15 register in May 2015 with 42k miles on the clock.

Does this mean the vehicle has 5 year/62k mile warranty?

Does it also get 8 year/100k miles warranty on the Battery?

I had a look on the PHEV watchdog and it reports a battery health of 84.7%. Seems rather low to me.

Thoughts?

Not Mitsubishi.

No after market warranty was given because it was told it still have manufacturers warranty but I've done some research and it seems a bit hit a miss with Mitsubishi changing their warranty on their cars.

It will be 5 years on everything, ie mechanical and electrical. The 8 year battery warranty only came in for 2016 model with the upgraded front grille which was available late 2015 so battery too is 5 years.

What I find interesting is Mitsubishi UK seem to have different warranties to the rest of Europe...I won't comment on Brexit...and also the UK warranty is valid across Europe. So which warranty applies if you take a UK Mitsubishi to Europe?

Sorry, but I believe that's wrong. Anything registered after 1/1/2015 has a 5-year mechanical warranty and an 8-year EV warranty. It's purely done on date of first registration in the UK. So my 64-plate has the longer warranties, whereas an identical one registered the previous month in 2014 only has 3 & 5 years.

Oh, that's interesting. I haven't found any reference to any more than 5 years for both mechanical and electrical in any of my April 2015 car's documentation and the Mitsubishi UK website only mentions the 8-year battery warranty for 2016 onward. I bought it in Sept 2015 and that's what was stated at the time and there is an additional warranty notification sticker added to the 'Pan-European Services' booklet.

I'll have another look at the docs when it next stops raining! :lol:

Back