Outlander PHEV remote app on Samsung Note 9

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejas101

This is how I managed to get the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV remote app to work on a Samsung galaxy note 9 after much head scratching and internet forum searching.

If your outlander has had, the EV remote update done then the original 10-digit password, will have been replaced by a new 14-digit password. Ensure you have the correct password first.

On the Note 9, go to WiFi settings and on the top right hand click on the three dots. Then select advance. Turn off, Switch to mobile data.

Pull down the quick access tab at the top of the phone screen and turn off mobile data.

Down load the correct PHEV Remote app, from the app store (in my case, Outlander PHEV I) and install it.

In the WiFi settings forget the home WiFi first to stop it from auto connecting, while setting up the app.

Then I followed Mitsubishi’s instructions listed below.

(Perform this operation while the driver-side door is closed.)
Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 10 seconds, press LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total.

Registration State Status
A meter buzzer sounds according to the number of the registered wireless device.
→Registration State Status ends 5 minutes after the buzzer sounds,
(Up to 2 devices can be registered.)
No registration
1 beep
1 device has been registered
2 beeps
2 devices have been registered
3 beeps
Start of Wireless Communication
When you search for the network through your wireless device, SSID "REMOTExxxxxx" is displayed.
It may take several minutes before SSID is displayed.

Start up MITSUBISHI Remote Control.
Select SSID, and input your password.
(SSID and password are described in the registration information card.)
Registration starts automatically.
(It may take about 1 minute before the registration is completed.)
After the registration is completed, the registration completion screen is displayed on the app.

One thing to remember is that I find you have to manually switch WiFi from home to car before the app works.

This is how I managed to get the Note 9 to finally connect to my Outlander PHEV SSID.
I hope this helps others

Good writing, thanks.

I easily connected my iPhone and now struggling connecting an additional Android 7.
Have done exactly the same you described, (except turning off mobile data).

The only way I can connect to REMOTE**** since the 8.1 Android update is to turn off Bluetooth first.
Not sure why but works every time now. LG K10

Back