B3-5

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ado

Dealer all
I have a 2014 model with 100000km. Since a couple of weeks there is no big difference in the braking/electric regeneration capacity on the car. I feel the difference from b1 and b2 but when I put it in b5 there is no difference.
Can it be the age of the car"?
Thank you

I have an 2013 model with 97.000km just bought.
In the beginning there was an difference in B5 - B0, but the meter only went half way in the blue.
Now after 2 weeks the meter doesn't go further then 1/8 in the blue when B5 , just like it is in B1.

Is it the cold ?
Is there a difference in Bx when driving in chargemodus ? I didn't notice anything.
We normaly drive around in charge modus because we have a free benzine card from our work, and not free electricity (we pay our selves)

If there is an garantywarrant I will let you know

Lepracon68 said:
I have an 2013 model with 97.000km just bought.
In the beginning there was an difference in B5 - B0, but the meter only went half way in the blue.
Now after 2 weeks the meter doesn't go further then 1/8 in the blue when B5 , just like it is in B1.

Is it the cold ?
Is there a difference in Bx when driving in chargemodus ? I didn't notice anything.
We normaly drive around in charge modus because we have a free benzine card from our work, and not free electricity (we pay our selves)

If there is an garantywarrant I will let you know
Two weeks is not likely to make a noticable difference. A full battery instead of a not full battery is.

FastNed (the main DC charge company in the Netherlands) have a brilliant analogy. Imagine a theater filing up with people. In the beginning it goes rather quickly but as the number of free seats goes down people have more problems finding a free seat and the process slows down.

If you have just completed a charge, b1 .. b5 all do NOTHING!

So no "one-pedal-mode" immediately after a charge.

In ore trucks, the resistance braking always works, because there is a huge bank of resistors on the outside of the truck, which glow red-hot whenever the driver touches the brake.

Can't think why Mitsibishi didn't do that for us :roll:

(I'm joking Mitsubishi, that would be a terrible idea for a domestic car)

AndyInOz said:

In ore trucks, the resistance braking always works, because there is a huge bank of resistors on the outside of the truck, which glow red-hot whenever the driver touches the brake.

Although placed at the back they could replace the conventional brake lights :lol:

AndyInOz said:

Yes, no apparent effect on braking. I know, I live at the top of a long hill. But, if you look at the energy use animation, it does show regen while going down the hill. Not sure where it is regening to :) Maybe the hidden battery :)

AndyInOz said:

But not having a way to dissipate the kinetic energy safely when the battery is full is unsafe, if the brakes are not sufficiently oversized that they can operate continuously on a downhill slope. FWIW, Tesla doesn't have any resistors either, and regenerative braking just stops if the battery is full. But the rotors on a Tesla look like they'll be able to handle continuous use more so than the rotors on the PHEV. I'm actually somewhat tempted to charge to 100% at the top of a mountain and try this out. If I ever lose a set of rotors coming down a mountain because of this, I will sue them in small claims court for the cost of replacing them.

As far as my understanding it is the same electric motor which is driving the car . If you can drive the motor is ok. If the battery is more than80% full you wont get the regen in B5 and you normally feel

My b settings also show this - 1. Reduced action due to age of car 2. Reduced action due to cold temperatures
Even with a near empty battery and driving at say 50mph if I chuck it into b5 I can barely get the needle past the h of “charge” even if I apply the brake. I think it was a bit better in summer but still nowhere near as much regen as when new.
Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
My b settings also show this - 1. Reduced action due to age of car 2. Reduced action due to cold temperatures
Even with a near empty battery and driving at say 50mph if I chuck it into b5 I can barely get the needle past the h of “charge” even if I apply the brake. I think it was a bit better in summer but still nowhere near as much regen as when new.
Cheers
H
Hmmm that is not right . Needs getting checked could be electronics

Interestingly, I noticed the other morning that after leaving home with a full battery following overnight charge, I was getting a braking effect within a couple of hundred yards of travel on an almost flat street. So as the battery ages does it "free up" some space to "send" Regen energy even if it can't store it? Of course, this would be the opposite of Hypermiller's experience :?

Back