What is your EV mile reading after fully charged?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardbird88

My outlander is only 7 month old but recently the reading of EV mode is only 15 to 17 miles after fully charged. I wonder if the battery is already degraded which is unreasonable or it is just the software problem. Full tank gas & fully charged battery will read about 285 -295 miles. Any thoughts? :?:

Do reset and try. Also run the battery down after driving economically. Then see what it shows

I did the reset of driving record but haven't driven it yet. Assuming that it could be the use of heater in winter. LA is getting unusual rain in the past 2 weeks and we almost hit the freezing point: 32 F, that's rare for us in the sunshine state. I know it's nothing compared to you guys in the east coast or the UK.

Battery degradation ... or better the assumption of the PHEV BMU battery degradation can be seen only with an OBD2 adapter and the PhevWatchDog or EVBatMonitor application.

EV range is a function of the state of charge, state of health, temperature of the battery, and the driving "style" in the last car usage

Note that by clicking on AC .. EV range is decrised by around 30%

If your last drive was done in pure EV mode, normally the EV range is relative accurate, but if the previous drive(s) are done with a combination of EV and petrol ... the EV range after a full charge can be very unprecise (in my case it was always too optimistic the EV range after I used the PHEV with the support of the ICE)

I suggest to invest into a decent OBD2 adapter, and use the watchDog application .. this will allows you to get a perfect stuatus of your car

Back