Parking sensors still blaring while car is in park?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunk123

Anyone else irritated by the over noisy, over loud, over sensitive parking sensors?

Even if the car is in park, the sensors continue to go off. Makes it irritating while sitting in the garage after either coming home or getting ready to go to work. Or when my wife walks up to get in the car. Why is that? The car cannot move while in Park.

Any way to disable the ability for the sensors to go off while the car is not moving and/or in Park?

Steel188 said:
As soon as I hit the 'P' button, mine turn off. They're only active when my car is in 'R'.

If your car is under warranty, I would suggest a visit to your dealer is called for.

Do you have the 2018 model?

No, as my footer says, I have a 2016 car, now with 91,000 miles.

If the car is in 'R' they make noise if something comes in range, as soon as I put the car in D, N or P they turn off instantly.

As I say, a firm word with your dealer may be needed.

I called the dealer and they couldn't give an answer whether the this is 'working as designed' on the 2018 model. They want $155 to do a full diagnosis. At which point they will probably tell me it's working as designed (whether it is or not).

Anyone with a 2018 model that can confirm that all beeping turns off once the car is put into park?

Back