Viewing the right-side camera - 360 camera

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thephringe

Hi all,

First post here so be gentle! I picked up my 65-reg PHEV just two days ago and am loving it so far. It still makes me smile every time I pull away in silence (especially after driving Diesels for the past 10 years).

So - on to my first question. I can't seem to find any mention in the manual on how to switch the camera from the left-side to the right-side. I can toggle between topdown/reverse and topdown/left but despite a lot of random button pressing, I can't get the 'left-side' camera to switch to 'right-side'.

How is this done?

Thanks!

Andy

CJ1045 said:
You can't - only the top down whole car view

CJ

Thanks CJ. It seems a bit of an oversight though. If I press the camera button on steering wheel twice I get to the side view (attached) which is great for seeing how close you are to the kerb while parking... Unless you're parking with the kerb to your right! Is there really no way to switch side??

Attachments

• IMG_9534.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 98
greendwarf said:
If you are in the UK open the window and look out like the rest of us? :idea:

Oh, it's that kind of forum is it? Sorry - I'll think twice before asking stupid questions next time :roll:

The manual explains what is possible depending on the status of the car. Showing the few out of the drivers side mirror apart from the whole car top down view is not one of the options.

CJ

thephringe said:
greendwarf said:
If you are in the UK open the window and look out like the rest of us? :idea:

Oh, it's that kind of forum is it? Sorry - I'll think twice before asking stupid questions next time :roll:

No its not but I didn't have the time for a more lengthy response, at the time.

If you think about it, it is very logical. On the drivers side you can see most of the area out the window (open or shut) and even open the door to look, if necessary. However, that is not true for the other side of the car - hence camera view on that side only.

Personally I find the driver's mirror gives me a very good view of the kerb/bay edge when parking without changing its position from normal driving but the other side is less satisfactory without endless adjustment up and down - which could lead to it being dangerously in the wrong position for driving.

In addition, from the picture above, just showing the ground could lead the driver to thinking they are viewing the "wrong" side and cause problems if both sides were available.

I hope you think this is more helpful. ;)

Thanks greendwarf, and apologies for the rather snippy reponse :)

That makes perfect sense and you're absolutely correct - the driver's side mirror does indeed give a great view of that side. I was just so sure I'd seen a video when I was doing my research showing exactly what I'd described. But now I think about it, that may well have been the Qashqai (which was also briefly considered).

Anyway - thanks again for the response. I shall cease my random button pressing immediately!

Andy

thephringe said:
Thanks greendwarf, and apologies for the rather snippy reponse :)

That makes perfect sense and you're absolutely correct - the driver's side mirror does indeed give a great view of that side. I was just so sure I'd seen a video when I was doing my research showing exactly what I'd described. But now I think about it, that may well have been the Qashqai (which was also briefly considered).

Anyway - thanks again for the response. I shall cease my random button pressing immediately!

Andy

No need Andy - I am aware my attempts at witty banter, are sometimes misjudged. :oops:

Back