Outlander PHEV 2 App (March update)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazaphev

Following the March update of the phev remote app on Android the app just keeps crashing on me. I have tried a full reset including an entire wipe of the phone and all but as soon as I click register the app crashes.

Only seems to be affecting the android version of the app. Anyone else seeing this behaviour ?

Odd i have no responses on this as it did appear to be a bug in the March update of the app. (maybe just effecting early versions of android that no one cares about these days)

For anyone that comes across this post, The issue affected me on a old Samsung S4 Mini that I use as a remote connection to the car.

As soon as the march update came out it starting crashing all the time, Tried a full reset and reinstall no better.

I eventually solved the issue by uninstalling the updated version and finding the previous versions APK file from:

https://apkpure.com/outlander-phev-ii/com.inventec.iMobile2/versions

Disabled auto update to prevent this happening again, back in business!

I just updated to version A.2.1.1 and found it would no longer connect to my car. My phone is a few years old and running Android 6.0.1.
I re-booted, uninstalled and re-installed but it would not connect. Finally I got it to connect, but only after turning off cell communications. To get it to work now, I select Airplane mode and then turn WiFi back on. I had to re-do the registering procedure (10 lock/unlocks etc).

Thanks for the link to the older APK. I don't see any reason to keep the newer version, all features appear the same, and with the previous version I only had to "forget" any saved WiFi networks before connecting.

Back