Help! 12V Auxiliary Battery fuse? Towing hitch wiring issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrSweden

Bought a used 2014, happy with the car, but when I attached my trailer to the towingbar/hitch, the 13-pin connector (Sweden/Europe) was faulty, the trailer lamps went beserk, like a disco despite the car was shut off. I have done a few of these before, so I opened it up, only to discover the color of the wires didn't match whan you read on the internet, or seen in other cars. My Outlander has three white cables!? So I think I short circuit the system, because now I don't get anything from it, after trying to reroute the system.

So I figure a fuse is toasted, but the ones in the car, and in the engine compartment don't seems to be connected. I read somewhere that there's two main fuses close to the battery in the trunk, and probably that one is gone?

Question 1. Is there a 20a fuse close to the battery? Will it go if you shortcut the towingbar wiring?

Question 2. How do you access the fuses close to the battery, I don't find a pictures or videos to access the 12V Auxiliary Battery...

Question 3. You guys have heard about three white cables in the towbar wiring?

Happy easter!

Back