Why did Lindqvist work for you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael8554

The original thread has sidetracked into lengthy discussions about "it's dangerous / it doesn't really do anything" etc etc without any sign of refining the technique.

Can successful owners please report:

It worked on your car that is independently serviced and may have missed Mitsubishi updates.

Did you count clicks, or wait for the charger to clunk before dissing 12V?

Did Watchdog show the capacity as 38 or 40AH immediately after charging started, or not until the next "start live data"

Did immediate retries of connecting the battery eventually work, or did you have to wait many hours before a successful attempt?

And anything else that helps!

Michael

Battery Reset Procedure from Lindqvist:

1 - Drive your battery low
2 - Disconnect 12v battery
3 - Wait 2h-6h
4 - Plug-In the car
5 - Connect 12v battery for 3-5 seconds
6 - Let the car fully charge
7 - Disconnect Charger
8 - Reconnect 12v battery

Method above did not really work for me ... success rate for the method above around 30%

What did work for me was the "short" method

0 - Battery should not be fully charged (no need to drive battery low)
1 - Disconnect 12v battery
2 - Plug-In the car (use only the 10A charger included with the car ?)
3 - Connect 12v battery for ~3 seconds (please listen the click from the 10A charger, 12v battery need to be disconnected just before the charger make a click)
4 - Wait ~10 seconds .. check with the Apps the SOH, if it is not 40Ah, please , unplug the car from the charger and repeat from point 2)

If this does not work ... try to:
- Click on the stop button on the 10A charger
- Remove the 220v power from the 10A charger.

In my case ... after repeating few times this did work for my MY2013

Other method
Method D

Apparently there is an error that can trigger BMU reset when 12v battery is low ...
People over discharge the 12v or disconnect the 12v and use an external weak 12v battery ... in connection with charging process
I will get further information, and I will copy here.

I finally able to reset the BMU using the low 12v method.

- Drove drive battery empty.
- Turned the car on but not in drive mode (start button twice without pressing brake).
- Turned on as many high load 12v accessories as I could. Fan, High beams, seat heat, portable 12v cabin heater. Took about 45 minutes.
- Watched Dog BMU voltage drop to around 7.2v with load. Unloaded returned to 8v.
- Disconnect 12v. Plugged in Mitsubishi supplied EVSE.
- Reconnected 12v but only till charger started. Had to do this three times to get timing correct.
- PHEV Watchdog immediately reported 40 Ah. Didn't have to wait.
GOM now says 62 km.

Attachments

• PHEVDog1.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 67
Back