Pre cooling problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocklandroger

I am unable to get the A/C to run when the PHEV is Off and plugged in. Is this normal? It's a hot summer and I want to cool down the car before I get in. By the way, the remote App doesn't work on my new Samsung phone so I can't do it that way, I have to get in the car and turn on the cooling. When I unplug the car and put it in D the cooling comes on immediately!

I'm afraid your car is behaving correctly, you cannot turn it on while it's plugged in.

You will find many discussions about this topic over the years on this forum. I think you may have to find an older phone that can talk to your car as pre-programming via the app will work.

Steel188 said:
I'm afraid your car is behaving correctly, you cannot turn it on while it's plugged in.

You will find many discussions about this topic over the years on this forum. I think you may have to find an older phone that can talk to your car as pre-programming via the app will work.

OK. Well now I know, I will stop trying to get it to work.

Back