Voice control locked

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king01

I have some how locked the voice control system and it asks me for a 4 digit code, i dont remember setting one and cant find an override or help section in the owners manual.

ive tried the usual pins and passcodes but have no idea?

I have a GX4h. any ideas?

the phone is irrelivant. the voice control system on the car is asking for a passcode once i press the voice command button on the steering wheel.

I use the 4 digit code. I seem to remember that I had to speak the code twice in the setup process, so you must have done the same. PHEV does not handle multiple bound phones available at once very well. The lock allows a specific phone to use the voice hands free.

My PHEV is presently having the computer upgraded or replaced, so will presumably need to go through the coding process again. Seem to remember a reset control buton somewhere in the MMCS menus.

Try 1212. You can then go to the setup menu and disable the need for the code in the future

I have tried 1212, but it dosen`t work. Is it any reset procedure, or do I have to go to a Mitsubishi dealer so they use their diagnostic equipment?

Press and hold settings and map buttons together until you get the service menu up, in there is a 'phone module' test page. I have not tried it myself but there is an 'unlock' button that I think does it.

If your volume is up you will get very loud feedback in the phone module test screen as it turns speaker and microphone on together, just turn down with knob.

(If that doesn't work you could try the normal settings - system menu and try 'reset all')

You can have some fun in the secret service menu, play with your camera alignments and so on.

Press and hold settings and map buttons together until you get the service menu up, in there is a 'phone module' test page. I have not tried it myself but there is an 'unlock' button that I think does it.

This works. Thank you. Mitsubishi dealer told me only they could fix this. Not true.

Back