Iphone disconnecting from Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryP

Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 6 plus runing the lastest ios, it connects to the car fine, a GS4h, for both phone and music, address book downloaded et al.

But, as soon as I make a call the phone disconnects, then connects then disconnects over and over. If I turn off the wifi is stays connected. As a workaround I guess that's fine but then I forget to turn on my wifi again and I burn up my 4g data.

I'm i the only one, does anyone have a solution?

Harry

That is exactly what just happened to me. Just tried my iPhone 6 for the first time to make a call (only got car on Friday), and it disconnected and reconnected during the call - very strange.

Will try turning off the wifi and see if it fixes it.

P.S. - how did you get the phonebook to download? Mine doesn't appear to (GX4Hs)

The car struggles a bit with iOS. To import your phone book use voice control. It is the simplest way. It will download your phone contacts, but I never managed to import them into the vehicle phone book.

Managed to import the contacts no problem, but not sure if it imports all numbers or just one number per person.

Turned off wi-fi, now seems to hold connection for whole call - two problems though. (iPhone 6 iOS 8.1)

1 - When I start a call from the iPhone, initially I will select "Handsfree" while it is dialling, but when it answers it switches to the phone, and I quickly have to switch back to Handsfree.

2 - Voice quality is bad, crackly and broken. Though I am told tonight that this is something others have seen with their iPhones in other cars recently, so may be to do with Apple - Bluetooth Audio for music is fantastic.

Thanks for the wifi tip, will try that later. I have exactly the same issues with my iPhone 6 plus - constant blue tooth switching during calls between handset and car, and also when initialising a call the car will switch back to phone speaker! This is unusable at the moment. I have no idea if the problem is with car, handset, or iOS?? Nobody has mentioned issues with Android I think? And as for Bluetooth audio - no problems, sounds great!

My issue with these kind of problems is who do you talk to to get it fixed?

Not worth bothering with Apple, and judging by my buying experience the dealer will not have a clue.

Do we just have to sit it out and accept it?

I believe the issue is with the iPhone.
Following a call to Apple care I had to return mine to factory settings to keep the connection.
It's been ok since.

I have had these problems since getting the car in August.

I have tried the factory reset trick, and that lasted until I had to reboot the phone. After the reboot, the problems started once again.

If you do a search on the Apple forums, you will see that we are not alone. A lot of users are having the same problems with quite a few different cars.

I believe we will have to wait for a fix from Apple to get this resolved.

-KJ

Ah yes - I think we may just have to sit this one out.

http://www.autoconnectedcar.com/2014/09/ios-8-iphone-problems-with-bluetooth-connected-cars-use-the-nuke-it-fix/

jevel said:
I have had these problems since getting the car in August.

I have tried the factory reset trick, and that lasted until I had to reboot the phone. After the reboot, the problems started once again.

If you do a search on the Apple forums, you will see that we are not alone. A lot of users are having the same problems with quite a few different cars.

I believe we will have to wait for a fix from Apple to get this resolved.

-KJ

They won't fix it - they will release the iCar and tell us to buy into their integrated eco-system. The only colour on offer will be white.

They won't fix it - they will release the iCar and tell us to buy into their integrated eco-system. The only colour on offer will be white.

and when the battery dies, you will have to buy a new iCar. In the meantime, you'll only be able to fuel at iGas service stations or use iTricity

turpin1548 said:

and when the battery dies, you will have to buy a new iCar. In the meantime, you'll only be able to fuel at iGas service stations or use iTricity

And when it goes wrong, you'll discover their service plan - iDontCare

This is driving me nuts.

Bluetooth is a well established protocol, so why are Apple incapable of writing driver software that works?

Had the same problem trying to send a pic via bluetooth to an iPhone from my SmartPhone. Devices could see each other but could not communicate.

Hi, Not sure this is an iPhone problem. My android Galaxy 5 is behaving in the exact same way. Call is started over bluetooth and then bouncing back and forth between the car and the phone.

Very annoying and I have tried all kind of solutions such as restarting, re-pairing, etc.

\\Agerdin

Same here on a galaxy S4, bluetooth disconnects several times per phone call. It makes the hand free system unusable. Which is very annoying as I use it quite a bit.

Chrismac13 said:
Same here on a galaxy S4, bluetooth disconnects several times per phone call. It makes the hand free system unusable. Which is very annoying as I use it quite a bit.

Ah, now this is an interesting development. Could indicate the fault is with Mitsubishi, which gives me less hope of it being fixed - dealers are not the best experts when it comes to software and upgrading it!

Just installed iphone os 8.1.2. Sadly to Bluetooth problem did not go away.. It keeps disconnecting during calls...

Back