Frozen mirror

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarq

Went out to unlock car last night, it was freezing, only one mirror unfolded, and much creaking doing so.

It seems fine this morning, but I was wondering if I should set them to not fold on locking while the weather's on or below freezing.

Has anyone had this happen?

Hi there,

I got the same this morning :eek:. however, both mirros manage to deploy. I think you're right, during freezing time would be better to deploy them manually.

Cheers,

D

Yep same happened to me,one mirror worked,the other seemed to break a link somewhere in the internals and went a bit floppy. I defrosted and locked/unlocked and there were a few clicking noises,and then the mirror seemed to click back into place and now works ok.
I will disable the mirror autoclose on locking,at least for winter.

You can turn the fold in /out function of for the winter, I chose to do that after one morning with rain during the night and -2 in the morning.. one mirror folded out the other stuck solid..
had to get out of the car and open it manually with great fear of breaking something in the mechanism.. after this experience I'll let them stay unfolded until the spring

Lazy newspaperboy, could go a read the manual but would rather cheat and let someone tell me what I need to press to prevent wing mirrors closing automatically?

Sorry in advance for my sheer sloth like attitude to finding out myself

Newspaperboy said:
Lazy newspaperboy, could go a read the manual but would rather cheat and let someone tell me what I need to press to prevent wing mirrors closing automatically?

I found it last night without having to resort to the manual......Settings.....Vehicle.......Other......Mirrors.....then choose one of three or four options (i.e. no auto folding).

DrSlackBladder said:
Newspaperboy said:

I found it last night without having to resort to the manual......Settings.....Vehicle.......Other......Mirrors.....then choose one of three or four options (i.e. no auto folding).

mmm. GX3h? been through the manual and still no joy. Visited section 7-07 & 4-09

Any GX3h owners not wanting to damage our mirrors in freezing conditions?

Newspaperboy said:
DrSlackBladder said:
Newspaperboy said:

mmm. GX3h? been through the manual and still no joy. Visited section 7-07 & 4-09

Any GX3h owners not wanting to damage our mirrors in freezing conditions?

Ah, no - this is another function that requires a trip to the dealer for GX3 owners, I'm afraid

This is another case of BS from Mitsubishi. Offering an option in a climate where freezing is common place in winter and the owner having to get the dealer to change a setting. Seems like another oversight.

gwatpe said:
This is another case of BS from Mitsubishi. Offering an option in a climate where freezing is common place in winter and the owner having to get the dealer to change a setting. Seems like another oversight.

I don't think they anticipated many people buying GX3 spec cars. We went to a dealer for a test drive soon after the car launched in this country and were discussing the range - he told us that Mitsubishi were manufacturing very few GX3h spec cars and relatively few GX4hs spec - they anticipated that virtually all sold would be GX4h models. We were originally intending to buy a GX3 and he quoted us a long lead-time since it would effectively be a special build. When we decided to go for the GX4h, he quoted just a few weeks since they already had the car ordered and it was in transit to this country.

The PHEV knows the ambient temperature, so surely can work it out that there may be ice on the car. Just disable the auto folding mirror and reset to manual operation. Just some software that was not thought through.

Back