New PHEV software released

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ1045

Yesterday I found that the PHEV app on my Android phone had been updated with new PHEV software from Mitsubishi. It prompted an update to the car software. Looking at the app now you get the option for 10,20 or 30 minute preheat. I think that is the only change

CJ

I saw that mine needed to update as well this morning.... I've just tried twice and it gets to around 50% and then it loses the cars wifi and fails to update. ... I don't fancy bricking my car so ill wait a bit to see if the update is worth it !!

News
ver. A.1.3.7
1.Add the selection screen of the pre A/C operation time.

Same thread @ http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=934

I've been playing around a lot with using an old Android phone as a remote control (see insideoutlander.com for related posts). While playing, I managed to 'destroy' the car's WiFi over and over by disabling the phone's WiFi before closing down the app. I had to use the reset procedure in order to get the car's WiFi back.

Since applying the update, I have not lost the WiFi once. So, the car's WiFi seems a lot more stable now.

I did the update yesterday from an android phone (Samsung galaxy S5)
worked on the second attempt after crashing at 50% on the first one.
the best thing about it (so far as I haven't noticed any other changes) is that I can now choose to extend the pre-heating of the car from 10 min to 20 or 30. this was something I really wanted as at minus 14 degrees the 10 min interval doesn't really do much..

I noticed a major change in the Android PHEV app which makes it almost easy to use:-
I hope they put the same facility in the IOS version...

You no longer have to change your devices WiFi connection manually - when you run the android APP it first swaps the WiFi connector to the PHEV SSID and logs in... ( maybe the Android app always did this ??? )
Don't think the "range" is any different - would have though that would be hardware related rather than Software driven...unless it selects a less congested channel to connect on - although when I did the Vehicle firmware update the WiFi connection stayed connected all though the process so the Vehicle Hardware could not have been restarted...

Out of interest even with the new 1.3.7 version in the vehicle the old 1.3.6 IOS App still connects OK - although the pre-heat duration option is not available...

Did a couple of phone calls in the car today on the iPhone after upgrading the software using an Android phone, and though the "switching back to the phone" problem happened once, the call quality was much improved.

I've been trying to install the update to 1.3.7 on Galaxy II with no succes. Yeah I know it is old but had no issue with installation of 1.3.6.
I go to Play store and find the App. and hit "Update" . It just locks up the phone and sits there foreever. I did trun off-on the phone, still no good. Any idea?

It is available on updates in the app store - just downloaded it but haven't tried it on the car yet. New timer settings are very welcome.

I must say, it seems a lot more responsive (faster) than before on my iPhone 6.

And the extra time settings (20 and 30 mins) are now available, and it picked up that I had already set my car to 20 mins using Android...

I've downloaded the app to my Android tablet, but not connected it to the car yet. In fact, I won't bother unless anyone can tell me if I can start the pre-heat on an "as required" basis, without setting timers? There doesn't seem to be that option anywhere I can find. Being retired (eat your hearts out), I don't need timers, but it'd be nice to put it on before using the car.

Regulo said:
I've downloaded the app to my Android tablet, but not connected it to the car yet. In fact, I won't bother unless anyone can tell me if I can start the pre-heat on an "as required" basis, without setting timers? There doesn't seem to be that option anywhere I can find. Being retired (eat your hearts out), I don't need timers, but it'd be nice to put it on before using the car.

You can do it on demand - I do it all the time (in fact I am doing right now as the wife and I prepare to go into town). It is initially unintuitive though.

The key is to do the following:

Click on the "Timer" section at the bottom, then in that window click "Climate Control".
In the window that appears, in the top right select the mode you want (Cool, heat or demist).
If you have updated the software, you can also select how long (10, 20 or 30 mins) just beneath that.
Then click "Send" so the car knows that is what you want to do.
Then back on the home page, just click "Climate ON/OFF" at the bottom left, and it will do what you just set.

You don't have to go into the timer screen all the time, I just leave mine set on HEAT for 20 mins and then go in the app and hit "Climate ON/OFF" when I need it.

<edited to correct a couple of mistakes!>

BeeJay said:
Regulo said:

You can do it on demand - I do it all the time (in fact I am doing right now as the wife and I prepare to go into town). It is initially unintuitive though.

The key is to do the following:

Click on the "Timer" section at the bottom, then in that window click "Climate Control".
In the window that appears, in the top right select the mode you want (Cool, heat or demist).
If you have updated the software, you can also select how long (10, 20 or 30 mins) just beneath that.
Then click "Send" so the car know that is what you want to do.
Then back on the home page, just click "Climate ON/OFF" at the bottom right, and it will do what you just set.

You don't have to go into the timer screen all the time, I just leave mine set on HEAT for 20 mins and then go in the app and hit "Climate ON/OFF" when I need it.

Thanks for that!

Listening to the A/C cooling the car down without using the timer!

Cheers

Back