Floor Mates Etc?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldfinger

Where's the best place to get floor mats for a PHEV?

People are probably going to say eBay, but just WHO from, who gave best quality and price etc??

Also, what can we do to the Outlander other than mats even though it's a lease car - what are we allowed to do to it etc??

My PHEV came with floor mats (Free, part of the lease pack), but they were too thin and started to curl up within days!! I also looked on eBay but the choice was overwhelming with claims of "luxury quality" I have had mats from eBay before and you get what you pay for. However with my last three cars I have gone straight to the dealership and found them to be the best value for the money. Mistu dealer ones I got were the top of the range heavy-duty ones I think about £59 all in and again they were top quality, they fitted perfect, have heavy duty Velcro and don't move about, the driver one fitted the hooks proved and is well padded at the heal. "You Get What You Pay For" yes I might have got the same ones from eBay for £40 but I would not know that till they arrived.

Goldfinger said:
Also, what can we do to the Outlander other than mats even though it's a lease car - what are we allowed to do to it etc??
I have the same issue as you, lease car so not wanting any permanent changes. So I avoided the boot bumper protector as it sticks on. Here's a few things I did:

(1) a boot tray liner off eBay for £27, this is the one (not via eBay) http://www.leisureshack.co.uk/mitsubishi-outlander-boot-liner-bl192899.aspx

(2) a simple 5 min upgrade with the lights (leave the dipped HIDs alone, they are fine, its the sidelights and main beam that could do with a tweak. Some users rate the Osram Nighbreakers, I bought the Ring ones for £20 incl delivery. Plan on swapping back the factory fit main beam and sidelight bulbs before handing the car back in 2017! Bilbo summed up nicely in topic "headlamp upgrade", I copied lots of his ideas. :D
(i) the £5 LED sidelights - http://r.ebay.com/fANyRJ
(ii) the £20 Ring main beam Xenons http://r.ebay.com/m9Jo3P

(3) rubber inserts into all the cubbyholes that are glow-in-the-dark (£15 from china, currently not listed/out of stock)

there's another thread about the DRL's and converting them to LEDs. Either pay Mitsu £300 (list) for OEM, or a bit of drill work required to the housing so I've not done yet...keeping my eye open for the right LED.

If you do a fair bit of travel a bespoke bag set to fit the boot exactly is here: http://www.car-bags.com/en/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&category_id=undefined&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_zoom2.tpl&product_id=267
hope that helps!
HJB

Mine came with the usual lease company rubbish (how much do they pay for them £3.99?) so as usual I put them into storage ready to put back in when the car goes back.

These (Ebay) are fine, good thickness, well padded heel area for comfort and PHEV fit, the drivers one has holes that fit the existing hooks and the rear goes all the way across the back including the small hump OK. £29.99 and free delivery to a local Argos collection point. Dead convenient.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161381571554

Many sellers are I think just various 'faces' to the same factory.

Pity your not down south, I got some tailored mats as a XMAS present so the set I bought off of eBay, which are pretty good, are available for a fiver if anyone wants them.

I maybe thought they'd thank you for fitting boot a sill protectors...?

Also, going to see how good the standard headlights are, we only ordered the GX3, so they have halogens instead of HID's, so may upgrade to either Nightbreakers or Phillips 'Xtreme Vision' bulbs.

I ordered some 501 W5W SMD /LED's for my Shogun... But they never arrived! :evil:

If the Outlander takes the same for the side lights etc, guess I'll 'try again'...

aitchjaybee said:
Goldfinger said:
I have the same issue as you, lease car so not wanting any permanent changes. So I avoided the boot bumper protector as it sticks on. Here's a few things I did:

(1) a boot tray liner off eBay for £27, this is the one (not via eBay) http://www.leisureshack.co.uk/mitsubishi-outlander-boot-liner-bl192899.aspx

(2) a simple 5 min upgrade with the lights (leave the dipped HIDs alone, they are fine, its the sidelights and main beam that could do with a tweak. Some users rate the Osram Nighbreakers, I bought the Ring ones for £20 incl delivery. Plan on swapping back the factory fit main beam and sidelight bulbs before handing the car back in 2017! Bilbo summed up nicely in topic "headlamp upgrade", I copied lots of his ideas. :D
(i) the £5 LED sidelights - http://r.ebay.com/fANyRJ

(ii) the £20 Ring main beam Xenons http://r.ebay.com/m9Jo3P

(3) rubber inserts into all the cubbyholes that are glow-in-the-dark (£15 from china, currently not listed/out of stock)

there's another thread about the DRL's and converting them to LEDs. Either pay Mitsu £300 (list) for OEM, or a bit of drill work required to the housing so I've not done yet...keeping my eye open for the right LED.

If you do a fair bit of travel a bespoke bag set to fit the boot exactly is here: http://www.car-bags.com/en/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&category_id=undefined&flypage=yagendoo_VaMazing_zoom2.tpl&product_id=267
hope that helps!
HJB

Brilliant thanks for the advice/links. Just purchased both sets of lights from eBay. Car comes on Tuesday so excited about getting these fitted. How did you get on with them? Any photos?

Also has anyone replaced the boot light with an LED? If so which one and is it worth doing?

Thank you.

after shopping around could not find good quality ones so many had poor stitching, so bought the phev ones from mitubishi garage £29.99 they are ok drivers one hooks in to stop slippage the other three have good velcro.

We have a long muddy (in winter) driveway and the Mitsubishi supplied carpet style mats that came with the car ended up muddy all winter.
I changed them for a set of rubber mats found on ebay and they have been very good so far which is now over 2 years. Sadly I can't tell you which ones they are because I suffered a hard disk crash late in 2016 and can't access my ebay emails! What I do know is that they are a 3-piece set, one for each side of the front and one long one across the rear that continues up and over the hump in the middle which protects the middle of the rear floor.

got mine from carmats4u.com and also got a boot liner.
I play drums and load gear in and out the car all the time, so wanted to protect the rubber trims and bumper from scuffs and scratches
Decent price and arrived quickly

Mitsubishi Outlander Phev Hybrid 2014 Onwards Premium Rubber Car Mats
Choose Rubber
Black
Choose Edge Colour
Electric Blue
Choose Cotton Colour
Sky Blue
CRM0005-1573-BLK-LL-BLU-SKY-COT 1 £34.98
Semi-Tailored Rubber Bumper Protector - Connects Easily With Incorporated Velcro Strip (78cm x 83cm) UNIVERSAL_RUBBER_BUMPER_PROTECTOR 1 £13.00
FREE Winter Valet Kit UCM00091 1 £0.00
Subtotal £47.98
Shipping & Handling £5.98
Discount (15% Off the Second Item) -£1.62
Grand Total (Excl.VAT) £43.35
VAT (20%)
£8.67
VAT £8.67
Grand Total (Incl.VAT) £52.02

I'm pleased to report that WeatherTech has released a fitment of their excellent laser-measured floor liners for all seating positions as well as a rear cargo tray (no split down the middle for the non-existent 3rd row seat). Furthermore, they are available in black and cocoa (dark brown very good match for the brown leather in my GT). Fit is perfect as per their usual. The rear-seat liner is a single piece that spans the entire width of the cabin, so it covers everything. The cargo tray fits the entire flat surface but does not dip down into the carve-outs on the sides. It does have a small cut-out in the lip on the left-side for the subwoofer, if you have that.

Our factory mats (both the cheap carpet ones and the rubberized accessory ones) have gone into storage against the chance we decide to sell the PHEV some day and the new owner doesn't like the WeatherTech liners. This is the second vehicle I've fitted with the floor liners (2017 Chevy Bolt EV is the other) and I'm very happy with both.

stevewa said:
I'm pleased to report that WeatherTech has released a fitment of their excellent laser-measured floor liners for all seating positions as well as a rear cargo tray (no split down the middle for the non-existent 3rd row seat). Furthermore, they are available in black and cocoa (dark brown very good match for the brown leather in my GT). Fit is perfect as per their usual. The rear-seat liner is a single piece that spans the entire width of the cabin, so it covers everything. The cargo tray fits the entire flat surface but does not dip down into the carve-outs on the sides. It does have a small cut-out in the lip on the left-side for the subwoofer, if you have that.

Our factory mats (both the cheap carpet ones and the rubberized accessory ones) have gone into storage against the chance we decide to sell the PHEV some day and the new owner doesn't like the WeatherTech liners. This is the second vehicle I've fitted with the floor liners (2017 Chevy Bolt EV is the other) and I'm very happy with both.
This is very positive news! I regard WeatherTech's FloorLiner among the best floor mats on the market. I have been waiting for years to get these for our PHEVs in replacement for the lousy original rubber mats. I recently fitted my Toyota Auris HSD with the FloorLiner mats. Also I used them in my previous Hyundai Santa Fe. Sure they are pricey but gives you minimum hassle when it comes to keeping your floors in good shape.

The only snag for now is that they only officially support year 2018 models. I wonder if it is possible to fit the -18 mats in earlier models, like my 2014 PHEV? Has there been changes to the floor wells over the years?

stevewa said:
I'm pleased to report that WeatherTech has released a fitment of their excellent laser-measured floor liners for all seating positions as well as a rear cargo tray (no split down the middle for the non-existent 3rd row seat). Furthermore, they are available in black and cocoa (dark brown very good match for the brown leather in my GT).

Have Weathertechs on order in Cocoa to match the brown in my GT - looking forward to it!

I just installed the black WeatherTech mats. They fit perfectly. Just in time for our winter! I can upload pictures if anyone wants that.

My WeatherTechs came in too. 100% recommended - fits perfectly and the cocoa is a great match for the brown interior. Cost sucks, but it is what it is.

I bought this set this week.. works well and great price... with it including a Cargo mat too

https://www.travall.co.uk/mitsubishi/the-travall-mat-pack-trm1170r-tbm1113?cPath=574_3249&

Back