Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Outlander keyfob hack. REMOTE HEATER!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 am 

karlnaust wrote:
Can one buy a 2016 key at the dealer and get this function on ar 2014/2015 i wonder? Anyone care to guess or know if possible?

Perhaps, the main problem is to get the dealer to connect the new key to your old car. They probably won't do it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:19 am 

I've been using this feature for a while now and it seems to work perfectly. It's the best feature (if you can count it as a feature) of the car!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:37 pm 

I can confirm that it is possible to modify the key to the older PHEVs.
My PHEV is delivered in November 2013 and I have made a modification to start the heater. But it uses SW4 for activation.
2 clicks (as the remote tailgate) does this: lock your car and turn signals do 3 quick blinks, and the heater starts.
I bought a new switch and another shell with an extra button, think it is used as a panic button in some countries.
Then I soldered the switch between the minus (-) and TP6, which goes to SW4 ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:08 am 

Brilliant!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:26 am 

nahoj56 wrote:
I can confirm that it is possible to modify the key to the older PHEVs.
My PHEV is delivered in November 2013 and I have made a modification to start the heater. But it uses SW4 for activation.
2 clicks (as the remote tailgate) does this: lock your car and turn signals do 3 quick blinks, and the heater starts.
I bought a new switch and another shell with an extra button, think it is used as a panic button in some countries.
Then I soldered the switch between the minus (-) and TP6, which goes to SW4 ...

Hej Johan (?)
This is really a killer hack! Fantastic! I'd really like to have this feature whenever you go to the store for a few minutes and then want to heat the PHEV to get rid of the nervous start of ICE behaviour in cold weather. The app is so dead slow so that's not an option in this use case.

Could you pls highlight where you bought the extra cover/shell and the switch? Links please! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:29 pm 

ClasseClas wrote:
Hej Johan (?)
This is really a killer hack! Fantastic! I'd really like to have this feature whenever you go to the store for a few minutes and then want to heat the PHEV to get rid of the nervous start of ICE behaviour in cold weather. The app is so dead slow so that's not an option in this use case.

Could you pls highlight where you bought the extra cover/shell and the switch? Links please! :-)

Hej Clas.
Yes it is a very good feature, it certainly should have been included from the beginning ..
Here are some links..

I used this Shell:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Key-Shell-Key-Blank-fit-for-MITSUBISHI-Lancer-Outlander-Smart-Key-Case-/181716711143?hash=item2a4f28f6e7:g:ptAAAOSwPhdVLORG&vxp=mtr

But the switch that I used is really a bit too high (1.5mm).
Is probably better to use this switch, which is 1 mm, and the same type as the original:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-4-1mm-SMD-Surface-Mount-Tactile-Switch-PushButton-SPST-Pack-of-20-/381250273843?hash=item58c4498233:g:3NcAAOSweW5VSM-n

Good luck with the soldering! :)
/Johan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:29 am 

Thanks for the links! I have now ordered the items. I thought I already had the switch as I repaired my son's Razor mouse where the left click switch broke some time ago. Now these were of a different shape so I ordered the correct one. Soon some soldering to do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:40 am 

nahoj56 wrote:
ClasseClas wrote:
Hej Johan (?)

Hej Clas.
Yes it is a very good feature, it certainly should have been included from the beginning ..
Here are some links..

I used this Shell:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Key-Shell-Key-Blank-fit-for-MITSUBISHI-Lancer-Outlander-Smart-Key-Case-/181716711143?hash=item2a4f28f6e7:g:ptAAAOSwPhdVLORG&vxp=mtr

But the switch that I used is really a bit too high (1.5mm).
Is probably better to use this switch, which is 1 mm, and the same type as the original:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-4-1mm-SMD-Surface-Mount-Tactile-Switch-PushButton-SPST-Pack-of-20-/381250273843?hash=item58c4498233:g:3NcAAOSweW5VSM-n

Good luck with the soldering! :)
/Johan

Hej Johan!

Now I got the switches and hopefully soon I will get the shell as well.

Just for my understanding, how did you solder the switch? It's a bit hard to see the details in your pic.
According to the pic it looks like you only soldered the two right hand legs?
Then you put a tape under the left hand legs and soldered a wire to the upper left leg?
Did I get it right?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 pm 

ClasseClas wrote:

Hej Johan!

Just for my understanding, how did you solder the switch? It's a bit hard to see the details in your pic.
Then you put a tape under the left hand legs and soldered a wire to the upper left leg?
Did I get it right?

Hej Clas!
Yes it is quite right. The right side was soldered on the circuit board , which is the same as the negative terminal . Then double-sided tape in order to isolate and hold it on place . On the switch's left side , you can use either the upper or lower leg..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:34 pm 

nahoj56 wrote:
ClasseClas wrote:

Hej Johan!

Did I get it right?

Hej Clas!
Yes it is quite right. The right side was soldered on the circuit board , which is the same as the negative terminal . Then double-sided tape in order to isolate and hold it on place . On the switch's left side , you can use either the upper or lower leg..
Crystal clear. Thanks! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next