Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Outlander keyfob hack. REMOTE HEATER!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:50 am 

ClasseClas wrote:
Agree on that the shells/cases are not perfect but I think they are good enough.

When it comes to getting the pre-heating or pre-cooling (yes this is possible too!) to start I do like this:
1) Make sure that you have activated either heating or defroster or cooling in the app (or in the MMCS menu system in the car). In the app select Timer and then Climate Timer Settings and then select Mode (heating or cooling). Also select Operation time, 10-30 minutes.
2) Car must be locked (as far as I know).
3) On the remote double-click the red button. The car will confirm with 3 fast turn signal blinks.
4) Now the pre-heating or pre-cooling will start. It is not possible to cancel this process unless you open a door.

I have used the pre-heating daily during wintertime and it works perfectly. The pre-cooling is a nifty feature which you may not think of first hand. Now during summertime it is so handy to just doubleclick on the remote to start the cooling. The cabin temperature will reach comfort temp within 10 minutes normally. A killer application for me and my dog. :-)

OK. I decided to reset the whole wifi/remote and started from scratch.

Using the wifi/iPhone I can control heat/cool/defrost just fine.

The modified remote still will not work. I have rechecked soldering under a lens and the connections are good. The remote led lights when the 4th button is pressed. Maybe the remote/programming changed on later models. I have a June 2015 registered vehicle.

I may modify the other remote and wire the switch as intended and see if that triggers the alarm. I will update when done, but it may not be for a few weeks.

Thanks for the input,

Jeff

1993 Red Eunos Roadster - Imported form Japan 2016 - 136,000 kms
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:52 am 

jthspace wrote:
ClasseClas wrote:
Agree on that the shells/cases are not perfect but I think they are good enough.

When it comes to getting the pre-heating or pre-cooling (yes this is possible too!) to start I do like this:
1) Make sure that you have activated either heating or defroster or cooling in the app (or in the MMCS menu system in the car). In the app select Timer and then Climate Timer Settings and then select Mode (heating or cooling). Also select Operation time, 10-30 minutes.
2) Car must be locked (as far as I know).
3) On the remote double-click the red button. The car will confirm with 3 fast turn signal blinks.
4) Now the pre-heating or pre-cooling will start. It is not possible to cancel this process unless you open a door.

I have used the pre-heating daily during wintertime and it works perfectly. The pre-cooling is a nifty feature which you may not think of first hand. Now during summertime it is so handy to just doubleclick on the remote to start the cooling. The cabin temperature will reach comfort temp within 10 minutes normally. A killer application for me and my dog. :-)

OK. I decided to reset the whole wifi/remote and started from scratch.

Using the wifi/iPhone I can control heat/cool/defrost just fine.

The modified remote still will not work. I have rechecked soldering under a lens and the connections are good. The remote led lights when the 4th button is pressed. Maybe the remote/programming changed on later models. I have a June 2015 registered vehicle.

I may modify the other remote and wire the switch as intended and see if that triggers the alarm. I will update when done, but it may not be for a few weeks.

Thanks for the input,

Jeff
Sounds strange that it doesn't work. Sorry for being rude but did you press the red button twice (and quite fast) in order to start the ACC?

If you want to, you could always take a hi-res pic on your PCB and just let us take a look. If I remember correctly my remote and Fragge's ditto were of different revisions. Maybe your remote is of an even later revision.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:29 am 

Hi, no need to apologise - I tried "press press" / "press . press" / "press . . press" / "press . . . press" and so on. I tried standing on one leg, pointing the remote over my shoulder (as BMW owners seem to do :lol: ) but nothing seemed to work.

I will take a picture and post a link.

One question - if I press and hold the 4th button, the LED flashes once a second for 14 seconds - does yours do similar?

Jeff

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:08 am 

jthspace wrote:
Hi, no need to apologise - I tried "press press" / "press . press" / "press . . press" / "press . . . press" and so on. I tried standing on one leg, pointing the remote over my shoulder (as BMW owners seem to do :lol: ) but nothing seemed to work.

I will take a picture and post a link.

One question - if I press and hold the 4th button, the LED flashes once a second for 14 seconds - does yours do similar?

Jeff

:lol:

Yes, I have the same behaviour when pressing and holding the red button. It blinks 14 times.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 am 

Sorry for delay, few days away.

Here is a link to HD version of the photo. Cant see a circuit board version number.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/jthspace/Outlander/JTH%20Remote.jpg

Lower quality image below . . . .

Jeff

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:35 am 

There is a difference when it comes to revisions of the board. This is visible from the symbol in the yellow ring in the upper right part of the PCB. Please compare with my mod.
https://goo.gl/photos/xgbrNWnWqAhZr6K39
Your mod looks ok. I cannot tell how you have managed the lower left hand leg. It should be isolated by the tape. As the LED indicates that the switch works it is hard to tell the difference from my mod. One thing that could cause a problem is the charging timer. If you have it on, pls turn it off and then try again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 am 

Thanks for the reply. The bottom left leg was cut off and isolation tape underneath separating left hand side of the switch from the board. Looks like later revision of the board must have something to do with it.

I do not use the timer functions on the car or remote app.

Oh, well, it was worth the experiment. Appreciate your help.

Jeff

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:02 pm 

Hi

I have also tried the mod and it does not work. The LED blinks but nothing happens in the car. Mine is a 2016 which came brand new in April. I have disabled the Android App as I was touring in Europe this summer and did not want any hacking surprises (maybe too paranoid). Anyway looking into the MMCS I fail to see any heater or AC setting which would make the Mod work. The settings on the MMCS are different than from the Android App. In the App I can set running time from 10, 20, 30 minutes but in the MMCS I can ONLY choose start time, not running time. Is there something I have missed??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 pm 

Steepndeep wrote:
Hi

I have also tried the mod and it does not work. The LED blinks but nothing happens in the car. Mine is a 2016 which came brand new in April. I have disabled the Android App as I was touring in Europe this summer and did not want any hacking surprises (maybe too paranoid). Anyway looking into the MMCS I fail to see any heater or AC setting which would make the Mod work. The settings on the MMCS are different than from the Android App. In the App I can set running time from 10, 20, 30 minutes but in the MMCS I can ONLY choose start time, not running time. Is there something I have missed??

Did you double click the button on the remote to start the heater?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:47 pm 

Yes, pressed it twice quickly. LED lights for each press. Car does nothing. Long press on butten yields 14 LED blinks which other seems to get as well. But again, I see no setting in MMCS menu which indicates a remote activation is possible. How have you set the MMCS?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next