Towbar Harness ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8osn

We've just ordered a 4H.

I plan to fit a amateur radio transceiver in the boot, in the area under the floor by the battery.

I want to run power from the 12V battery via a relay controlled by the ignition.

On idea to get a switched 12V, which only needs to power a relay (so low current), is to use the supply normally run to a towbar
(there is generally a switched 12V and a perm 12V to a towbar- at least a 13pin or dual socket one (I'm in the UK)).

Can anyone advise me where I can find the towing connector which (I assume) is provided to connect the towbar harness to, please?

Thank you.

Brian

This is the connector for the trailer module.
20160914_184019.jpg

It lives behind the rear nearside panel.
20160914_184000~0.jpg

There's no permanent live though. That has to come from the auxiliary battery under the boot floor.
20160914_183954.jpg

I took my switched ignition feed from the dashboard behind the radio.

Quite easy to remove the panels but I'd suggest using a trim removal tool so not to mark the trim edges.
There are clear instructions showing how to remove all the parts of trim. I'll try & find my copy and add it here.

This may help with rear panel removal.

Right Connections (Mitsubishi OEM) Fitting instructions

Electric wiring kit for towbars / 13-pin / 12 Volt / ISO 11446

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/22994/29130514RC.pdf

I have also added an additional dash switch on mine.
These fit well;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Outlander-ZK-Push-Switch-2B63GR-BATTERY-LINK-on-off-LED-12V-3A-/122072675287

Oh, nice PDF, had not seen this one before, thanks!

There seems to be a permanent line capable of supplying 240W (page 6 with symbols on page 3). Not much, but at least we now know the limits. At 12V this should be around 20A.

Back