Access to 12V battery and 12V acc socket in boot?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8osn

We've just ordered a 4H in the UK.

I plan to fit an amateur radio transceiver in the boot and need to connect to the 12V battery.

I noticed there was a small 'flap' which allowed access to one terminal but how do I access the other one, please?
(I assume the one I could see was -ve / ground as it was uninsulated).

I also need a 12V ignition switched supply to power a relay- minimal current is required for this.

One idea is to use a line from the towing harness. Another is to use the 12 V Acc socket.

Any ideas on how to access the back of the 12V acc socket, please? Removing the side panel doesn't appeal. Has anyone done this, please?

Thank You

Brian

You will have to lift up the whole cover and then it's easy to do. I connected a fused lead directly to the battery and it comes out in the left hand side well.
There is enough clearance to have that lead pass through when the cover is fitted back. I also have a low voltage disconnect relay on that lead and it just terminates into an Anderson type distribution box.

The power socket in the centre console is switched, so you can connect a relay there.

Back