AC EVSE charger J1772 from 3-phase power source. Help me plz

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtechtuning

Actual list of possible setups for Accelev:

Source: 3F 400V using 2-phases 5.0 kW (11,5A per phase)
Source: 3F 400V using 2-phases 6.0 kW (14,0A per phase)
Source: 3F 400V using 3-phases 8.0 kW (11,5A per phase)
Source: 3F 230V using 3-phases 8.0 kW (11,5A per phase) Norway special

Outputs: J1772 (Type1), Tesla TS2 (US Tesla), MENEKES (Type2 - only for those who have 1-phase onboard charger)

Please help me and let me know what will be good in your country!
You can also comment / vote here: https://www.facebook.com/EVSEChargerAccelev/

Howdy!

Do you think it would be possible to make Menekes Type 2 --> CHAdeMO converter?

In Finland many charging stations have per minute payments.. Type 2 costs typically 0.04e/min and Chademo can be 0.25e/min. Outlander charges 20-30 minutes with Chademo and only gets 80% full, which means it's much more expensive than getting a few liters of petrol for the same range....

You could easily get almost equally fast "quick charge" with 3 phase Type2, and much cheaper.

I know "full spec" CHAdeMO is very tricky, but this could be Outlander-only device with fixed voltage. Actually it might be possible to just rectify 230VAC to about 324VDC, without any transformers.. That's about 4.05V per cell on the 80 cell lithium battery, which is roughly 80-85% SoC.

Note that I don't actually own an Outlander (yet), just thinking ahead. :)

Zuikkis said:
Do you think it would be possible to make Menekes Type 2 --> CHAdeMO converter?
I guess it is possible. As it has already been done. Bit expensive, though:
The ChargeBox starts at €15,000 (£12,000 / $20,500) for the single connector version and goes up to €16,500 for the multi-connector version.
chargebox-front-938x400.jpg

https://transportevolved.com/2014/05/28/portable-three-phase-22kw-rapid-dc-charger/

Back