Manufacture supplied charging cable issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giog

Hi everyone, yesterday I had a problem with my Mitsubishi charging cable. Suddenly, after 3 years and 2 months, the system is no longer working. When plugged in, it turns on then flickers and loses power. Has anyone had similar problems before?

giog said:
Hi everyone, yesterday I had a problem with my Mitsubishi charging cable. Suddenly, after 3 years and 2 months, the system is no longer working. When plugged in, it turns on then flickers and loses power. Has anyone had similar problems before?
Yes, I have fixed mine three times myself; 2 times the short AC to box cable broke. Last time it was the cable between the box and the car which broke. I shortened the cable 30-40cm and reinstalled it and now it is OK again. Typically if you get like flickering problems it is likely the cable which is on its way to break. I have ordered a stationary charging box since the supplied charging cable is not really for everyday use it seems.

This is a known issue. The gland nut on the grid side cable had been over tightened during production resulting in a high chance of failure. Many, many units have been replaced under warranty.

See also http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3102&view=previous

Thanks to everyone for your replies. They are very helpful. I am still waiting to have a reply from Mitsubishi. I am able now to figure out different possible causes and relative solutions.

Back