Samsung S9

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kesto

I have bought a Samsung S9 + . Now the remote is not syncing with my 2016 PHEV . ? any ideas

Did you unpair the old phone? - it might be there are too many paired.

There is a setting in the android Wifi system which stops the phone from connecting to wifi connections, check that.

Don't connect via wifi first only through the app.

I have not unpaired the old one ? how to do it . unpair in phone or car settings?. I always did via app

I tried this method a few times did not work. Possibly seek help from dealer

Please bear in mind the process is very finicky.

You have to "forget" any nearby wifi connection, or your device will switch back to that connection during the setup process. (I've had that problem)

You have to exactly follow the instructions. For example if the driver's door is open, the process won't work.

The button clicks have to be done really fast.

So it works like this, get in, close the door, get the app ready to link up.

Press start (DO NOT PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL) to go into accessory mode and IMMEDIATELY click the remote buttons, alternatively.

Remember, you only have 10 seconds from the moment you press the START button.

The dealer also could not register the Remote app with Samsung S9 plus. But all other phones do. So I rang samsung , apparently it is to do with their Oreo software. They told me they write to me how to deactivate oreo. Never received any letter or email.
Anyone using SamsungS9 plus phone ? and registered the app. please advise

My S8 is on Oreo, the App doesn't work, my workaround (not ideal but works for me) was to use a Tablet that is still on Android 7 to connect to the car, there are a number of discussions where you use a cheap phone within the car connected to the Mitsi App and then use text messages to a controlling middleware App to run the heater etc. Not ideal and I would hope an update to the Mitsi App comes out soon but I am not holding my breath.

Back