Replace standard bulbs for LED

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radical2301

Hi all recently got my PHEV a week ago, I was thinking of changing the standard DRL fog bulbs to LED will it effect any error messages of the ballast?

a number of us have done this without issue. The only problem you might get is the leds have a larger circumference and don’t fit through the fitting. To sort this, just use a step drill bit to widen the hole.

Hi Radical2301.

I bought a pair from the link below. Straight swap, no cutting or drilling for these.
Had them on the car for about 18 months. No issues.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-OUTLANDER-ASX-MKIII-POWER-LED-DAY-RUNNING-LIGHTS-BULBS-DRL-P13W-600lm/222420444146?fits=Model%3AOutlander&hash=item33c94aa3f2:g:W90AAOSwx6pYsFHd

Hello all, I'm very new to this to the Phev Outlander and beginning to realise it's more about the car than the driving of!!
MY front fog/driving light flickers occasionally and I am looking to replace. Easy enough to get out but there are two plug-in type connectors on the back and all the replacements I have seen only show one. Can anyone explain please?
Thanks

I've just replaced my DRL fog lamp bulb with an LED one, having bought this from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074ZN4BP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was a direct swap - no drilling or anything! I also do not have any error messages (well, not that I can see!).

Jaytee - you're right, there are 2 connections (a black coloured connector and a grey coloured connector) and I can't tell you what the black coloured connector is for, but for the DRL, you unclip and twist the grey coloured connector to remove the bulb which comes up, through the lens, at an angle.

I then just swapped the bulbs for the ones I bought and replaced everything and they look amazing!

cheers

Bloggsy

Back