How to upgrade car radio?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidLee20

Hi! I'm looking for new android car stereo and want to install Seicane car stereo in my 2015 mitsubishi outlander. How to install it? Is it difficult to install this by myself or to ask the professional to help?

Very easy, with some plastic wedges to get the trim off and a screwdriver. I just replaced with a double DIN unit that mirrors my Android phone, and used the Connects2 kit so that I had the fascia and all wiring adapters. If you use the same wiring as me, you'll just lose the voice dial button's function.

I've not fitted a rear camera as of yet though, so couldn't comment on that.

As for the after car stereo, you can take a look at Xtrons which is the top Android car stereo in the market. I have used it before and it works perfectly.

I encountered Xtrons quite a bit with a previous car. Like many of the Chinese Android head units, they tend to be chronically under-powered.

ThudnBlundr said:
Hmm. First post on an old thread and they recommend something most of us have never heard of as a 'top' product. Doesn't look at all like they're trying to sell something :roll:
Slightly less overt than some of the spammers we've had on here.

bigbaldbloke said:
I encountered Xtrons quite a bit with a previous car. Like many of the Chinese Android head units, they tend to be chronically under-powered.
Is xtrons good? i am looking for an android radio for my Lancer 2010. XTRONS caught my eyes, they have a very new model with IPS screen and DSP chip.

I can't say, as I didn't go down that route in the end based on the feedback of others. I went for a Pioneer with full screen mirroring of my Android phone instead.

Back