GX3H aftermarket rear camera and remote app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenofonts

Hi all, I am a newbie here so please be patient if I ask anything lame ;)

I have a 2015 PHEV GX3H. Since buying I have upgraded the stock CD player (mine was the most basic one) with a Dasaita android unit. I must say that fitting it was far easier than I anticipated... I did it myself in about 20 minutes.

Now I am considering a reverse parking camera. Has anyone tried fitting and aftermarket one? Is it worth the hassle (i.e. do the boot panels come off easily, etc)?

Lastly, I would also be interested in getting the remote app working on mine but presumably would need the box as the 3H doesn't come with this feature. Suggestions anyone?

Thank you!

Hi, Fenofonts

I just bought 2015 GX3H+ (late 2015 face lifted model) and thinking about installing kit of mirror mounted dash cam + reversing camera.
Can't find instruction how to connect reversing camera to stop lights.

I also thinking about installing Dasaita or something similar but from this video it looks like it is not that easy and would take at least 2-3 hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyE_ua42oNw

Did you install Dasaita in the same way as in video?

Thank you.

Replacing the stereo with a double DIN head unit is very straightforward if you have the right adapter kit. I didn't go for a camera, and didn't bother with a USB, but other than that my work was the same as in the video. I installed the GPS to the bulkhead for simplicity's sake, works fine.

Back