MMCS Upgrade

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wynnesters

Hi All does anyone know if there is an Apple CarPlay headunit that fits in place of the clunky MMCS unit? and is it an easy job to do?
Also if the MMCS HeadUnit is replaced with an after market headunit does it affect your Mitsubishi warranty and can you still remote connect to the cars wifi with ur phone?

I have seen the MY18 Outlander with its new Stereo unit that i think is CarPlay/Android auto. Does anyone know if these could be retro fitted to a MY15 Outlander? If you could ever find one

If you buy the Connects2 fascia kit, any double din unit fits. I use a Pioneer which is very Apple-friendly.

I can't see the WiFi being an issue, as it's a separate module. I can still remote in on my (non-MMCS) one.

Just be aware that you'll lose the voice control button.

bbb

Thanks for the Info

yes i have been getting more used to the MMCS as time goes by and i do like some of the features. its a very clunky system though not very intuitive to use.

I fitted a Pioneer SPH DA120 CarPlay unit in my last car (Hyundai Santa Fe ) and i did love it and CarPlay has got better now with Google maps and waze available.

Best place i found for Connects 2 adaptors was Dynamic Sounds or Car Audio Direct.

Ill give the MMCS some more time and see how i get on with it still early days

Back