Anyone with nudge bar or bull bar and auxiliary lights?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodman411

Sorry for bringing this up again, I did search this forum, and found a few threads, but none of the pictures work anymore, including the dropbox picture links. So I like to ask, has anyone installed a nudge bar or bull bar on their Outlander, and put auxiliary lights on them? If so, can you please post pictures of this. In the USA, it seems there are only a few nudge bar choices, one from Vanguard and the other Broadfeet:
- Vanguard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013CRCGZE?pf_rd_p=8e0819a9-0ef1-44cd-9544-a7f28374af8b&pf_rd_r=JQRHWKMHWXG0P7W6SEP3
- Broadfeet: http://broadfeet.com/mitsubishi/outlander/any-year/a-bars-nudge-bars

The problem with these is that it doesn't come with any warranty. I asked the seller but they refuse to comment on the warranty, implying there is none. I found one in Australia from ECB: http://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Make=3&Model=133&variant=3875&SEARCH3.x=42&SEARCH3.y=19&SEARCH3=SEARCH

However, it looks like the nudge goes higher than the front bumper, a nudge-bar-design sin. I'm hopeful there are other options out there.

Why would you want one of those? They look clunky, and more importantly, reduce front ground clearance and approach angle, which are both already severely limiting on this vehicle. A complete custom bumper, to replace the plastic unit, with more ground clearance and mounting options for aux. lights, and maybe even a winch, would make more sense.

BCbackroader said:
Why would you want one of those? They look clunky, and more importantly, reduce front ground clearance and approach angle, which are both already severely limiting on this vehicle. A complete custom bumper, to replace the plastic unit, with more ground clearance and mounting options for aux. lights, and maybe even a winch, would make more sense.

As for why, I like to install auxiliary lights, and the Outlander front bumper does not have a sufficient lip to mount these. In regards to ground clearance, if you look at certain nudge bars, they don't install all the way below the front bumper, like the one from ECB: View attachment ECBNudgeBar.jpg

Not that a 2-ton SUV hitting a pedestrian or cyclist wouldn't damage them anyway, but a nudge bar bypasses the car's pedestrian protection and concentrates the force in a very localised area. I'm not sure I'd want that on my conscience just add some extra lights more easily

I have this solution from QPAX for my aux lights,
https://www.qpax.se/catalog/product/view/id/973/s/q-light-mitsubishi-outlander-16-br-frontbar-for-3-lights/category/273/

Quite nice and sleek bar. I have also added top stabilizers on my lights.

Attachments

• 2014-08-17 17.15.28.1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 105
ThudnBlundr said:
Not that a 2-ton SUV hitting a pedestrian or cyclist wouldn't damage them anyway, but a nudge bar bypasses the car's pedestrian protection and concentrates the force in a very localised area. I'm not sure I'd want that on my conscience just add some extra lights more easily

The extra lights would help me see further and avoid collision in the first place :p

ClasseClas said:
I have this solution from QPAX for my aux lights... Quite nice and sleek bar. I have also added top stabilizers on my lights.

Thanks for sharing, haven't seen this company and product before. It is very close to what I want. I'm wondering if it's possible to have the black bar with the circular lights on top? I also notice that the lights have to be between the two radar sensors, which is a shame, since I prefer the lights further apart aesthetically. Anyway, thanks again for sharing.

Woodman411 said:
ClasseClas said:
I have this solution from QPAX for my aux lights... Quite nice and sleek bar. I have also added top stabilizers on my lights.
Thanks for sharing, haven't seen this company and product before. It is very close to what I want. I'm wondering if it's possible to have the black bar with the circular lights on top? I also notice that the lights have to be between the two radar sensors, which is a shame, since I prefer the lights further apart aesthetically. Anyway, thanks again for sharing.
My understanding is that you can order basically any color on the bar as an option.

"Option: Color of your choice."

Secondly, I think it is wise to go for a LED bar as aux lights in order not to interfere with the radar and the 360 camera in the front.
https://www.qpax.se/model-adapted-10/mitsubishi-1032/outlander-16-103235/q-led-mitsubishi-outlander-16-led-kit

When I ordered my car MY -14 I prioritized aux lights over the feature pack including radar stuff like Auto Cruise Control, Lane Warning and Auto Panic Brake (sorry wrong names on these features).

The stock high beams are totally useless IMO, driving lights are perfect though (LEDs)

So i`ve mounted 2 Rigid Dually`s on a standard licence plate bracket.
They also do not interfer with the front parking sensors.

2s9cfiq.jpg

RoyM said:
The stock high beams are totally useless IMO, driving lights are perfect though (LEDs)

So i`ve mounted 2 Rigid Dually`s on a standard licence plate bracket.
They also do not interfer with the front parking sensors.

Interesting solution, thanks for sharing.

Back