add heated back seats

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTHPEVe

Hello. Waiting for my new Outlander HPEV GT to arrive next week:)) Due to very cold winters, my kids have asked for heated back seats. Has anyone added these? Would appreciate ideas and any help. Thanks.

You can (still?) get heated seat pads at automotive stores. There is a plugin you could use for that (with some creative wire extensions and routing) in the rear storage area.

As it is needed only in winter I bought from ebay for a few pounds with an extension cord so you can pass it back and plug in boot. Apparently quite comfortable to sit according to my passengers

I was thinking of installing them under the seats but you have me thinking and I am going to try the plug in types. As you say, it is only for the winter months anyway. Thank you.

You get two types .one with back and base both heating but then you will have to buy two. Or the other type is just a long base type which goes across the back seat flat. This is also sufficient.

Back