Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunk123

Anyone know if there's a way to change the FOB's so that all 4 doors open with a single button press?

I was able to do this on my Highlander Hybrid, but haven't seen a way on the Outlander PHEV.

In the Owner's manual it says:

The door and tailgate unlock function can be set to the following two conditions.
Each time the door and tailgate unlock function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the
condition of the door and tailgate unlock function.

Number of chimes: Condition
One chime: All doors and the tailgate unlock
Two chimes: Driver’s door unlock only

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
2. Place the combination headlamps and dipper switch in the “OFF” position, and leave the driver’s door open.
3. Press the LOCK switch (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK switch (2) during this time.
4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK switches within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK switch in step 3.

Is that what you're after?

My FOB always open all the 4 doors.

Is there a setting in the MMCS or WiFi Apps for change this ?

I think it would be more safe to have the FOB to open the driver door .. and open all the other 3 doors if the FOB open is click again.

elm70 said:
My FOB always open all the 4 doors.

Is there a setting in the MMCS or WiFi Apps for change this ?

I think it would be more safe to have the FOB to open the driver door .. and open all the other 3 doors if the FOB open is click again.

See my post above - the manual details the procedure (this is from the 2014 manual, but I don't think it changed)

richr said:
In the Owner's manual it says:

The door and tailgate unlock function can be set to the following two conditions.
Each time the door and tailgate unlock function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the
condition of the door and tailgate unlock function.

Number of chimes: Condition
One chime: All doors and the tailgate unlock
Two chimes: Driver’s door unlock only

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
2. Place the combination headlamps and dipper switch in the “OFF” position, and leave the driver’s door open.
3. Press the LOCK switch (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK switch (2) during this time.
4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK switches within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK switch in step 3.

Is that what you're after?

Not sure. If this programs the FOB to permanently open all 4 doors + tailgate with a single press of the UNLOCK button, then yes it is.

Although...I'm not sure what the 'combination headlamps' and 'dipper switch' are. Are these shown in the manual with pictures detailing where they are in the car?

richr said:
'Combination headlights and dipper switch' is the stalk that controls the headlights :) ie it's got the switch to turn them on and the switch to make them dip.

Thanks.

I did the sequence and heard the 1 chime, but my FOB still only opens the driver door.

I'll give it a try again.

I did the sequence and received anywhere from 1 to 4 beeps.

FOB still only opens the driver side door with a single press. Sigh.

Back