Steering lock

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phev1955

Hello
I have just bought a brand new PHEV and want to keep hold of it!! Can anybody recommend a suitable steering lock for a 19MY. I live in the UK and have considered a bewildering array of steering lock devices on the Halfords website.
Cheers phev1955

The Stoplock Pro Elite version fits quite well. It has a larger bend in it than the standard version and therefore its possible to put it on the steering wheel without it beeping the horn. It is a visual deterrent and certainly a physical deterrent for many people, but I'm not sure if any lock would stop a really determined thief.
It also comes with a black bag to keep it in so you can put it on the floor behind the drivers seat when not in use and for the times when you feel you don't need to fit it, the rear tinted widows and black bag means its not on view. You will probably be able to get a good deal on it over the Christmas/Boxing day sales.

Most owners of modern cars rely on the plethora of security features they offer. But for those of us with old-school classics with a steering lock as our main security measure, DiskLoks are recommended. They'll also work even if your key is scanned from a distance, preventing anyone steering your pride and joy

The most secure is a Bearlock steering lock. I've not needed mine in five years, but then, these cars are rarely stolen.

thank you for your advice/comments.
perhaps I am being a little too paranoid, I know car thieves are now apparently targeting keyless cars these days with sophisticated relay devices. You are quite right , NO device is 100% foolproof, but some sort of visual deterrent, such as a steering lock can at least serve as a first line of defence against the usual suspects. :roll:

I don't remember anyone on this forum reporting the theft of their car in the last 4.5 years that I have been a member :p

greendwarf said:
I don't remember anyone on this forum reporting the theft of their car in the last 4.5 years that I have been a member :p

True... people have enough trouble getting them going even with the right key :D

If you are still considering a steering lock there is currently an excellent deal at £39.99 in Halfords sale for the Stoplock Pro Elite. Its actually cheaper than the standard Pro. A real bargain and definitely fits far easier to the Outlander steering wheel than the standard one.

Back