Spacers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojoxx

Anybody users spacers on the phev ? I have 4 x 10mm spacers unused layed in the garage I got given for a Nissan so they should fit maybe fill the arches a bit ! . Can anybody see any problems apart from longer studs needed ? Once again thanks for any replies

They throw a strain on the wheel bearings as well. I doubt whether Mitsubishi would grant guaranty on a run-out bearing if spacers were used. Not that I have ever heard of one with wheel bearing problems.

I had Spacer on nearly every car I owned witout any problems. My summer car, a 20 year old Renault Megane Convertible has Spacers in the back since 15 years without any damage or somerhing.

I thought about this yesterday for my PHEV as well.

Spacer making driving much better and you can go faster in corners. If it‘s needed on the PHEV? I don‘t think so, but looks great.

Not too bothered about speed Mitch got the tee shirt etc but I was thinking about better stability ( and looks to be honest ) can a few mm/cm do that much damage ? I have just been changing the bulbs i could find to led but I can't find the footwell ones looks like I hadn't got them -- not to worry there is always ali express lol .mainly to show off the mats that the kids got me for Xmas I nearly died when I seen how much they had paid bless em I also received my led fog lights from China this morning before the led drl from Manchester ?? So I will have to wait for them before the lights come off . I must say I'm amazed that mitsubishi didn't put led in the factory ? Why spoil the shop for a pennoth of tar ?

jaapv said:
They throw a strain on the wheel bearings as well. I doubt whether Mitsubishi would grant guaranty on a run-out bearing if spacers were used. Not that I have ever heard of one with wheel bearing problems.
Rear wheel bearings have been a topic on the Dutch forum. One poster says or is the #1 reason for MOT failure.

Back