Charging port light

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarjar26

Do you think it's possible to change the charging port light ? A blue one could offer a better fit with the car thematic ;)

Could this one works ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2X-Car-Blue-8-LED-Lamp-Soffitte-Interior-42mm-12V/32900539674.html

Is it complicated to change ?

Charging_flap1.jpg

Charging_flap2.jpg

Charging_flap3.jpg

Thanks everyone for this. I'm slowly changing all my bulbs to LED's and this charge port light was annoying me!

Just to help anyone else considering this, my light was really stiff and wouldn't budge but if you look at the 'claw' side of the clear lens you'll see a small rectangular recess - just big enough for a medium sized flat bladed screwdriver....

I put a screwdriver in and, holding the end of the blade close to the light, I pushed it and the light fitting moved just enough for me to pull the blade down and free the light fitting.

Then, as it's been said, it only takes a minute or so to unclip the light connection and untwist the light housing, where I swapped out the light bulb for an LED one.

I'd have posted a photo, but to be fair, it looks like the photo above!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Nibbo said:
looks better than standard, what size bulb was it?

Hi Nibbo - it's a W5W. The same as the sidelights and the rear licence plate lights.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Turns out mine was fine, it was the door switch that was stuck in. I toggled it to check it and it jammed in. When I loosened it to come back out the light came back on!

Turns out mine was fine, it was the door switch that was stuck in. I toggled it to check it and it jammed in. When I loosened it to come back out the light came back on!
Haha, I had the same issue it turned out. Greased the swithch nob and it pops out nicely. Still stuck on the other issues if the bulb burns out one day.

Same for me. I have tried to use a screwdriver in the rectangle on the right side but it does not come loose.
Please reshare how to get this poxy light apart - mine hasn't had a working light for several weeks and I'll be damned if I can see how it comes apart (maybe being untouched for 8 years isn't helping, dreading brittle plastics !) . . .

Back