Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Posts: 11
Anyone know if there's a way to change the FOB's so that all 4 doors open with a single button press?

I was able to do this on my Highlander Hybrid, but haven't seen a way on the Outlander PHEV.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am
Posts: 175
Location: Southern end of North Yorkshire, UK
In the Owner's manual it says:

The door and tailgate unlock function can be set to the following two conditions.
Each time the door and tailgate unlock function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the
condition of the door and tailgate unlock function.

Number of chimes: Condition
One chime: All doors and the tailgate unlock
Two chimes: Driver’s door unlock only

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
2. Place the combination headlamps and dipper switch in the “OFF” position, and leave the driver’s door open.
3. Press the LOCK switch (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK switch (2) during this time.
4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK switches within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK switch in step 3.


Is that what you're after?

_________________
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4H (petrol/electric)
2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (diesel)
(recently departed - 2004 Subaru Outback 3.0Rn (LPG), 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 LWB (WVO))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: Poland
My FOB always open all the 4 doors.

Is there a setting in the MMCS or WiFi Apps for change this ?

I think it would be more safe to have the FOB to open the driver door .. and open all the other 3 doors if the FOB open is click again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am
Posts: 175
Location: Southern end of North Yorkshire, UK
elm70 wrote:
My FOB always open all the 4 doors.

Is there a setting in the MMCS or WiFi Apps for change this ?

I think it would be more safe to have the FOB to open the driver door .. and open all the other 3 doors if the FOB open is click again.


See my post above - the manual details the procedure (this is from the 2014 manual, but I don't think it changed)

_________________
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4H (petrol/electric)
2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (diesel)
(recently departed - 2004 Subaru Outback 3.0Rn (LPG), 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 LWB (WVO))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:18 am
Posts: 387
Location: Yorkshire end of M1, UK
You learn something new every day. I've read most of the manual, but don't remember that. Maybe I fell asleep ;)

_________________
2015 GX4hs since 03/18
2015 Renault Zoe R240 owner since 11/17

You may have speed, but I have momentum...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Posts: 11
richr wrote:
In the Owner's manual it says:

The door and tailgate unlock function can be set to the following two conditions.
Each time the door and tailgate unlock function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the
condition of the door and tailgate unlock function.

Number of chimes: Condition
One chime: All doors and the tailgate unlock
Two chimes: Driver’s door unlock only

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
2. Place the combination headlamps and dipper switch in the “OFF” position, and leave the driver’s door open.
3. Press the LOCK switch (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK switch (2) during this time.
4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK switches within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK switch in step 3.


Is that what you're after?


Not sure. If this programs the FOB to permanently open all 4 doors + tailgate with a single press of the UNLOCK button, then yes it is.

Although...I'm not sure what the 'combination headlamps' and 'dipper switch' are. Are these shown in the manual with pictures detailing where they are in the car?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am
Posts: 175
Location: Southern end of North Yorkshire, UK
'Combination headlights and dipper switch' is the stalk that controls the headlights :) ie it's got the switch to turn them on and the switch to make them dip.

_________________
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4H (petrol/electric)
2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (diesel)
(recently departed - 2004 Subaru Outback 3.0Rn (LPG), 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 LWB (WVO))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Posts: 11
richr wrote:
'Combination headlights and dipper switch' is the stalk that controls the headlights :) ie it's got the switch to turn them on and the switch to make them dip.


Thanks.

I did the sequence and heard the 1 chime, but my FOB still only opens the driver door.

I'll give it a try again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Open all 4 doors with single FOB press?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Posts: 11
I did the sequence and received anywhere from 1 to 4 beeps.

FOB still only opens the driver side door with a single press. Sigh.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
© Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group