footwell lights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
milemuncher said:
Has anyone gone for these if so do they look nice?
Or cheap. N tacky?
I think I remember someone posting on this forum that they had bought these and were greatly dissapointed with them. Do a search and you might find the actual posting.
Kind regards,
Mark
Edit:
They said:
"I got it in the UK having seen the Ausi brochure and thinking it looks real good.

In actual fact in the UK it is rubbish. Instead of the lights being in the footwell as well as under the footwell it is only under the footwell. Only comes on when you open the door. It really is nothing anyone would notice and think "Wow" which is what I was hoping for. Not worth it; trust me."

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=409&p=3697&hilit=footwell+lights#p3697

I just picked up my car tonight - no idea how the outside of it looks in the daylight, but my feet at night look good :D
They provide useful, even lighting, but not distracting at all when driving. I'm pleased with the option (other than the cost).

Kev.

And how much did you pay Mitsubishi to shine a nice light on your feet again :lol: :?:

Anyone know where these plug into? Have had a number of cars where the wiring is already in place on lesser models that don't come with footwell lighting in their spec. Just a case of drop a bulb in and there you have it. Presuming it's not as simple on the PHEV but interested to know if the wiring is in place.

phevfred said:
Anyone know where these plug into? Have had a number of cars where the wiring is already in place on lesser models that don't come with footwell lighting in their spec. Just a case of drop a bulb in and there you have it. Presuming it's not as simple on the PHEV but interested to know if the wiring is in place.
These need to be wired in - there seems quite a bit of work to fit them according to the instructions that come with them.

Kev.

Hmm, interesting. Have had a look for the fitting instructions as I fancy trying to fit this kit myself but no joy. Would it be a big ask for someone to post a copy of the instructions before I decide if I want to buy the kit? Might try and see if the dealer will let me see a copy also.

phevfred said:
Hmm, interesting. Have had a look for the fitting instructions as I fancy trying to fit this kit myself but no joy. Would it be a big ask for someone to post a copy of the instructions before I decide if I want to buy the kit? Might try and see if the dealer will let me see a copy also.
Sorry, low quality iPhone pics, but here you go:
page0.jpg

page1_2.jpg

page3_4.jpg

page5_6.jpg

page7_8.jpg

page9_10.jpg

page11.jpg

Kev.

I have the lights. During the day you can't see them. At night they don't look too bad but they arn't bright at all. (Which is probably good as they arn't destracting.) On each side there is a blue and white LED in the same bulb. I negotiated all my accessories as part of the purchase price, however if I had to pay RRP for car then RRP for the lights, I would save my cash.

The footwell lights are really nice, though the impact when opening the doors with the internal door light on is not very good. During driving they give quite a low light so don't expect Blackpool illuminations.

Hi guys

Does anyone have the footwell fitting guide, I see it was posted earlier but images have been deleted :(

Thanks
Dan

Back