Hiya from UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davemk39

Hi all, i've been visiting this site for a couple of years as a guest finding all the posts about the phev very interesting and informative. My next car will be a gx4h so I thought I'd register. I'm watching the used prices coming down. I have been interested in the phev ever since it was released, a big 4x4 with zero road tax can't be bad. Most of my journeys are small so most of it would be ev only and charge it up at home over night on cheap rate.
Anyway I look forward to contributing to the forum.

Regulo said:
Is it still no road tax from April? All change isn't it?
Any car registered before 1 April 2017 will continue at the old rates (at least that's as I understand it...)

davemk39 said:
Regulo said:
Is it still no road tax from April? All change isn't it?

would have been easier saying "hi welcome to the forum" than trying to be smart.

Err, at the risk of seeming unfriendly to a newbie - this is a forum, i.e. exchanging information, question & answer etc. not Twitter. Regulo was legitimately commenting (incorrectly, as acknowledged) about the content of your post. If you have been lurking for 2 years, I am surprised you felt it necessary to start a new thread just to say hello. ;)

thx jdsx, i'll take your word on the friendly bit as it doesn't really look like it from where i'm sitting.

Davemk, sorry, we seem to have got off on the wrong foot. My post was meant to be conversational, not confrontational, or "smart". If it came over that way, I apologise. I just thought (as I didn't know) whether you'd considered any implication of the changes in road tax due in April. As pointed out subsequently, the changes won't impact you at all. Anyway, let's put it behind us, and a belated welcome aboard. :)

Back