Is there anybody out there?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep , it looks like it's just you and me , i've had 93 views on my introduction post and not one person bothered to say hello or kiss my a**e :)

zzcoopej said:
STEVIAN said:
not one person bothered to say hello or kiss my a**e :)

Brexit bad vibes maybe? Us Aussie's are much more friendly, about 19 pages of chat ;)

i would like to think not , leave the bad vibes to the politicians.

i noticed that you have the evbatmon and wondered how good is it overall/ and where does it plug in exactly? bearing in mind i don't have a car yet,
cheers ;)

STEVIAN said:
evbatmon and wondered how good is it overall/ and where does it plug in exactly?

EvBatMon is fantastic (however as the developer I'm a bit biased)! All modern cars have a connector under the steering wheel called an ODB port. To use EvBatMon you need to purchase an OBD Adapter which connects to your Android device via bluetooth or Wifi, or iOS device via Wifi (bluetooth OBD don't work with iOS).

EvBatMon is fantastic (however as the developer I'm a bit biased)! All modern cars have a connector under the steering wheel called an ODB port. To use EvBatMon you need to purchase an OBD Adapter which connects to your Android device via bluetooth or Wifi, or iOS device via Wifi (bluetooth OBD don't work with iOS).[/quote]

Smashing! i'm speaking to the right person then :) when you say under the steering wheel , does that mean the steering wheel has to come off? or do you mean on the steering column? thanks in advance

STEVIAN said:

Smashing! i'm speaking to the right person then :) when you say under the steering wheel , does that mean the steering wheel has to come off? or do you mean on the steering column? thanks in advance

Certainly no need to remove the wheel. I'm not sure where it is on a PHEV, but typically it's located high up in the foot well.

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/location-plug-connector-obd/Mitsubishi-Outlander-PHEV

STEVIAN said:
Yep , it looks like it's just you and me , i've had 93 views on my introduction post and not one person bothered to say hello or kiss my a**e :)
Happy to say hello "hello", just not prepared to go as far as kissing your stretching, saggy seat leather regions

I Just purchased a new outlander
. It smells like burning sugar. How can I find the source and get it repaired. Has less tha 500 miles on it.

Mine did that when new, and I seem to recall lots of others discussing it at the same time with the conclusion being it was all the electrical systems settling down to being used in anger. It soon passes.

You will get a much better response to any questions in the main forum, rather than this Regional one that isn't even headed as the area it covers.

Actually, it is the coating on the exhaust. On some cars, it may last for quite a while, up to 10.000 miles as the coating gets replenished by road dirt.

jaapv said:
Actually, it is the coating on the exhaust. On some cars, it may last for quite a while, up to 10.000 miles as the coating gets replenished by road dirt.

Depending on your pattern of usage, it may take longer than that - we have owners here that are proud of the fact that the engine has gone into "forced ICE mode" because they have used so little petrol - their exhausts will have hardly been used after 10,000 miles.

Back