Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Australians down under
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:25 pm 

Hi,
Just to let the community know how we are going.
In 1346kms the PHEV used 301 kW of electricity & 8 lts petrol.
Most of the travelling has been in 30+ temps so the AC has been working hard.
The PHEV is usually charged of a night on off peak power
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:47 pm 

Picked our Aspire up yesterday in Perth.

We also have 6.5kW of solar so we try to charge it through the 15 amp charger during the day.

Most of our trips are <50km so we should not be using the ICE too often.

My understanding is that these machines are walking out the door like hot cakes so we should be seeing a few more on the road.

Cheers

NAPpy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:58 pm 

In 4 months normal driving we have averaged 3.7l per 100km. A great result, spending bugger all on fuel compared to my old fuel hungry ford - saved $800 in fuel over 5,000km. Our commute fits neatly into battery and we charge off peak each night. Doing the calculations comparing it with a Mazda cx-5 diesel (one of the most fuel efficient suv's) the PHEV cost $270 less in fuel. Awesome car.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:03 pm 

Had for more than a few months now and for cruising around town within battery range, this car just cannot be any better (well apart from the MMCS but I'll let that one go...for now). Sure a Nissan leaf will have better mileage but not much space to carry anything. I haven't done a heck of long distance driving but when I do I am getting around 7L/100km, after the battery has depleted. This is using Adaptive Cruise Control and AirCond. during summer with 2 people in the car.

Until i read a post on these forums the other day I did not know you could turn Adaptive CC off and just use CC to increase fuel efficiency. However I really like Adaptive CC as I can relax a bit more when driving and not worry about slamming into the car in front of me as much.

I am disappointed that there is no fast charge socket on this car in Australia. Would it have cost them that much more to leave it in? Pretty much makes the few charging stations around here redundant as I'm not sitting in the cafe for 5 hours waiting for this thing to complete charging.

I am not sure that combining electric charge and fuel into one fuel efficiency is fair. When friend ask me "What's the fuel efficiency like?", I tell them, well when i drive around town under 35-50km it only costs me the electricity charging price (which is about half the cost of petrol). I may not use petrol for weeks. On the open road about 7L/100km in petrol. The 1.9L/100km that Mitsubishi states kind of needs to include the cost of electricity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:07 am 

Hi all. We're 99.9% sure we're going to purchase. Did you get your local electrician to install the 15amp power point, or did you get one of the charge point stations?

Ps, I'm in Sydney.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:47 am 

I had a 15 amp socket installed
We also had it connected to off peak power also, the power is available for 18 hrs a day.
It works well with us as the PHEV is out most days

Enjoy the sound of quiet motoring

PS I am in Port Douglas Qld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 am 

You can run it off any regular power point no problem (using a 10A to 15A unit for about $90). Otherwise you can install at 15A power point which is probably the best long term solution if you are not moving soon. Most the car will ever pull is <10A.

We recently got a 2.5kW solar system installed so have set the timer to charge it during the day. Off peak power plans don't seem that good value to me when you factor in the higher daily charge. Depends on how much you drive I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 am 

Just thought I'd say hi.
I have a 2010 iMiEV and 2015 PHEV.
Couldn't resist the cheap prices for EV's in Oz at the moment, I guess due to the lower fuel price and the new Outlander coming out later this year.

Cheers, J.
http://www.EvPositive.com
2010 iMiEV, 2015 Outlander PHEV
PHEV App EvBatMon -
Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EvPositive.EvBatMon
iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evbatmon-for-mitsubishi-outlander/id1143901805

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:42 pm 

Well, I even got my PHEV in June 2014 and have been on the forum since July 2014, I've just noticed this tread. I am in North West Sydney (Cherrybrook) but only saw one other PHEV on the road since I got mine.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:06 am 

I just made up a 15A female and 10A male lead to charge ours with no issue on the not used much circuit in the garage. I also made up a 5 pin 415v 32A to 240V 15A lead for those times when that is all you have to charge from.

Cheers

NAPpy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next