Northern Ireland

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex

Any Phev drivers in NI, what is public charging availability, who supplies home charging locally?

Well I've had my GX4h for a week now and am very pleased. Glad to have a 4WD as its just got quite icy at the moment.

I've used a bit of petrol but I was expecting that as I don't like the cold and am quite happy for the engine to kick in to keep me warm. Also the charging point at work isn't installed yet. Hopefully in another week or so so I'll be able to charge more often.

I've just got my cable to be able to use the public charging points but I haven't tried it out yet. I'll probably head to Antrim Forum which is pretty close to me to give it a go. I used that one when I borrowed a BMW i3 for a weekend.

I like the thought of being able to park in Belfast for free while getting a free charge. That'll suit me very nicely as I attend meetings there every week or so. Parking usually costs me about £10.

I haven't seen any other PHEVs here yet. What part of the country are you in Tex?

Hi,
I have a GX4h on order, hopefully for delivery mid January.
I am based around Belfast so will be on the look out for public charge points.

I have only seen one Phev locally so far, though there were several awaiting delivery at the dealers a few weeks ago when I went for a test drive.

Hi,
I also have a GX4h on order. Tex, did you find answers for the Public and Home Charging?
We are involved with the public and home charging infrastructure in Ireland and Northern Ireland. I may be able to help with information and at the same time try to avoid the selling angle.

Hi JBJude & Tex
The dealer told me he would organise a free charge point at home but I haven't heard anything yet. I installed a point at work myself for £350 from nuenergy (+VAT).

I've used public points at Antrim Forum Leisure Centre and a rapid one at Shane retail park on Boucher Rd in Belfast. There are also points in the centre of Belfast that I intend to try out. Adelaide St. And Hope St. being two that I've scoped out as being in useful locations.

I think I was really lucky with getting my PHEV. I had a BMW i3 on order for a month and another 3 months to go to get it when I decided to test drive the Mitsubishi. The dealer had a 4 in the colour I wanted - a cancelled order. So I test drove on a Monday and picked up my car on the Friday! The BMW was good but it would have meant a lot of compromises. With the Mitsubishi those odd trips to Cork won't cause me any problems. When I was planning on having the BMW I was expecting to keep an ICE vehicle too. (I was thinking of a Mazda MX5 for a bit of fun).

Still awaiting confirmation of delivery date.
Meanwhile have noticed charging points in Belfast City centre and Bangor but I assume a different cable is required to use these. Also saw a fast charger at Ikea complete with tethered cable.

The ChargePoints In Belfast and elsewhere and also the one at IKEA is suitable for the Outlander. Did you have a concern? Actually, the Outlander is probably the only 'new' EV that can use all of the existing infrastructure. .............. Sorry, newbie question, is it possible to attach a photo to a post?

Hi folks,

My PHEV is on order and should be arriving next week. Can't wait!

I have a 6kW PV system at home so I should be able to charge up for free when the sun shines.

I'm based near Ballymena but I live out in the country on a farm, so 4x4 is essential for me in the winter.

Tom

Mine is a GX3h in white, 2015 (pre facelift) model.

I'm not so keen on the look of the new 2016 model, even though it does come with a few extra features.

Hi all,

New to the forum. I just got my Gx4h last Saturday. Have to say it's some job. Still trying to get used to all the functions and how to get the best mileage from it. Thankfully there's a lot of stations around strabane where I can charge up and there's also a fast DC charging point in lifford.
Any tips for a newbe driver of the phev??

Gourls, my best advice is just drive it and let the car worry about the details.

Except for tyre pressure, dealers always seem to under-inflate the tyres, so check your manual.

Back