Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Canada Outlander PHEV Owner Check-In
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am 

Just checking in. Long time electric and hybrid car enthusiast and owner. Just purchased a Ruby Black Base Model in Pickering. Very excited to hear from other owners about this SUV. I love that there is finally a SUV option that is electric. Anyways I will add more later just wanted to say hi to everyone out there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:08 pm 

PhamilyPhev wrote:
I love that there is finally a SUV option that is electric

How about the X5 or the XC90! Not to mention the Model X.

Hmm. Seems like this is the only electric SUV available so far that's not an X!

I just picked up mine today in the GTA too. Ruby Black SE Touring!

Picked up with 4km on the odometer, and now it's up to 32km. Still haven't used a drop of gasoline!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 am 

Yeah my previous post was just a quick first one. There are those options (XC90 and model X) however I should have added in this price range :) So my previous EV/Hybrid type cars on my journey have been as follows.

2000 Honda Insight (red)
2012 Chevy Volt (black)
2013 Ford Focus Electric (blue)
2013 Tesla Model S P85+ (green)
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (black)

I have enjoyed this type of vehicle immensely but have never really participated in forums other than to read them. I feel like I have a lot of knowledge across a vast number of types of BEV PHEV and ICE cars. I have also tried to test drive and research most electric cars that have come to Canada.

This PHEV was really what I needed at the time as my family is growing and so far I love it.

I also love that the base model seats are amazing and I don't miss the sunroof or the power lift gate as some reviews showed how slow it was. I am looking forward to getting my tow hitch package next Monday and being able to tow my small light tent trailer! That is a first for me in my electric vehicles.

Would love to get some meet-ups going at some point. Any interest?

Post subject: Expecting new owner
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 pm 

The order is placed :D
Diamond white SE Touring, Black interior.
Went for test drive on Saturday and was told the 10 - 10 - 10 Warranty deal was ending.
So bit the bullet. Saturday my version was still in stock. But today it was gone, so it's going to be a fresh one from Japan likely beginning of July... ;)
The wait is on.

Quote:
update 22 May:
The new PHEFFY has arrived (could not call it PHEVY as that is not allowed on the custom plates :-( )
Delivery planned for this Friday :D

Quote:
update 25 May:
PHEVY has come home :D
I had to cancel the custom plate as it is not available in a green plate. :cry:
Let the fun begin! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm 

Hello, new west coast owner here.

I bought my Rally Red base model on April 1st, and took delivery on the 21st, as no red ones were in stock yet. I'm using the vehicle in my courier business, where fuel economy is very important, but also wanted a vehicle that was capable of my weekend back country explorations. In the 8 weeks I've had it, I've done 9000 km, mostly business, but have managed to get out in the woods every weekend, for at least a day trip, though no campouts yet.

So far, I'm very pleased with the fuel economy, and with the performance, though it really needs a 2" suspension lift, and 2" taller tires, to be truly capable on the rougher roads and trails. Since the owners manual says that mods like those will void the warranty, I'll have to wait 2.5 years (160,000 km) to do that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 pm 

Welcome BCbackroader,

Glad you enjoy it.
A limited slip diff would also be very welcome.
I hope, I have to wait a lot longer before my warranty runs out, as I do not make that many km/yr.
It should be good enough for my camping trips, I hope. (Have not been able to get out yet either.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 pm 

Thanks for the welcome, Phevy

My previous SUV, an '05 TrailBlazer, had a rear axle locker, which made it very capable, even in 2 wd, but also had to be lifted 2.5", and upgraded to 31" all terrain tires to really do well on the logging/mining roads and rougher trails. So far, the S AWC has performed almost as well as the G80 locker in the TB, but the stock tires are pretty poor for off pavement use. That will be my first upgrade, when the OEM Toyos wear out. BTW, not having a spare is crazy. I'll have to get an extra rim and tire, and find a way to secure it safely for out of cel range journeys.

Are you aware of any forum members who've done mods to make our platform more trail ready? I'll keep searching the forum, but that will take a while, so any leads would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:32 am 

Just checking in from Toronto - picked up a Silver GT just yesterday (dealership had it in stock and I thought I'd go for it before Doug Ford removes the rebate incentive - $7000 is nothing to sneeze at). Coming from an '06 Lexus RX400h Hybrid SUV. I'm having a ChargePoint installed tomorrow (again, get the incentive of $1000 before it's taken away), though I used the 110V charger last night with no problems - well, I was a bit scared when I woke up to the sound of rain and worried that I shouldn't be charging the PHEV in the rain, but a quick Google search allayed those fears.

Looking forward to a daily commute to the office in EV mode. And looking forward to learning more about the PHEV from actual owners/experts on this board.

Happy Canada Day Weekend to all!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:31 pm 

Welcome renz.
Yes that's why I went for the PHEV in April. Figured get the deal while it's still available.
Lots to learn, but mostly lots to enjoy. The car is pretty smart and will do fine on it's own. But you're likely interested in how it works and some tweaks will make the car do even better for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm 

Hello, my wife and I purchased a Outlander PHEV about a month ago now. Live in Calgary Alberta, purchased in Red deer. They had the most knowledge and the best price. Calgary was honestly pathetic. My wife knew more about the car that these guys. Mind you the 19 year old trying to sell us the car couldn't stop talking about his stunt driving career for more than 5 seconds to get a question in.
Alas... We're very much enjoying the vehicle. About to set off on an epic road trip. So far nearly 1500km zero fill ups. About to take it in for a trailer hitch install and the dealer said they would fill the tank for us. :) Anyways planning on driving from Calgary highway 1 to Victoria then highway 3 back to Calgary over 20 days or so. Camping gear a 6 month old etc.. seems to all fit even. Anyways hope everyone enjoys their car. If there are any "EV meets" in and around Calgary feel free to say hi!