Why is the 2.4 Liter PHEV Version not being sold in the USA?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matrix84

Fellow Forum Members,
The dealer here in Central Florida is telling the 2019 PHEV Outlander with a 2.4Liter engine is only for the European Market and not for sale here in the USA. I am really disappointed at Mitsubishi for what could be seen as a form of discrimination. :) Does anybody know when the 2.4 Liter engine will make it here to the USA? Additionally, does anybody know of a link where American prospective buyers can see all of the specifications for the 2019 Outlander PHEV as it will be sold in the USA? Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

matrix84 said:
Fellow Forum Members,
The dealer here in Central Florida is telling the 2019 PHEV Outlander with a 2.4Liter engine is only for the European Market and not for sale here in the USA. I am really disappointed at Mitsubishi for what could be seen as a form of discrimination. :) Does anybody know when the 2.4 Liter engine will make it here to the USA? Additionally, does anybody know of a link where American prospective buyers can see all of the specifications for the 2019 Outlander PHEV as it will be sold in the USA? Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The 2.4L is coming, it is a question of when. I've gone back and forth on this over the past months, at this point, it is anyone's guess as to the following two possibilities:

- MY2019 for USA will be forked, meaning old powertrain, new skin. This is the version Australia got, so far, they are the only market with this forked version. If USA gets this, that means the powertrain update is coming as MY2020
- MY2019 for USA will not be forked, and will be arriving sometime in the first or second quarter of 2019 with the same specs as the rest of the world

The longer MY2019 delays arriving in the US market, the greater the chance that it will receive the full updates, including the powertrain.

Back