Outlander PHEV GX4H 2014 headlamps

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joespiteri

Hey everyone, I am new here, and I live in Malta. I have just imported from UK a Mitsubishi outlander of 2014 GX4H PHEV. I have noticed that this came without the headlamps, and when I went to the auto electrician and he noticed that the sockets were all burned and melted. Unfortunately for an unknown reason the outlander is not imported from the local agent, so its even more difficult to arrange. The electrician told me to check what exactly I need to order, buy them online and he will change, and this is my question, what lights do I need for this vechicle and any links from where to purchase will be appreciated. I need the lights and the sockets, and most probably with the transformer he told me. He also suggested that I will change the HID lights to the normal ones, making it less expensive. Every suggestion is appreciated as this is the only model here in Malta and have no where else to check. I have contacted the seller from the UK several times but I am still without any replies. Thank you all beforehand

A bit of a difficult situation, as the car needs servicing by a specialized Mitsubishi dealer, but if your local dealership is willing to send one of their mechanics for training and invest in the required soft- and hardware, you should be fine.
This model does have HID headlights, but the main beam lights are standard halogens. Probably somebody converted them to HID or something and managed to overheat them. If only the main beam sockets are affected, you might get away with standard parts and glue. If you have to use complete Mitsubishi headlight units you are looking at mucho Shekels...
Unless you are able to source parts from a wrecked car, but not many of those around.
The good news: There is no difference between RHD and LHD HID units, so you can cast your net worldwide.
AFAIK there are no third-party parts suppliers.

Presumably headlamps from a Diesel Outlander of the same year will also fit. Does Malta have diesel Outlander cars?

No, never seen one over here. I have solved the problem, ordered a kit from ebay and all is well and good so far. Thanks. Now I need an air filter but cannot find one with normal postal charges, postal charges cost nearly the same as the filter which will be too much.

Back