iphone6plus and phev issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom888

Phone intergration with PHEV rubbish. Previous xc60 simply worked and gave scrolling access to lists. Got a curious fault of switching from phone to radio and back again whilst on a call. Really annoying. Pity because other than flimsy build quality its a great car.

Gx5h (somebody had to buy them)
White

Turning off WiFi fixes issues with iPhone 5(s), but not with the 6. The 6 seems to have other issues.

BTW: for the 5 you don't have to turn of WiFi. You just need to make sure it does not (auto)connect to your REMOTE network.

Turning off WiFi fixes issues with iPhone 5(s), but not with the 6. The 6 seems to have other issues.

I have the latest iPhone and both with USB connection and bluetooth it works erratically, it will not play. Sometimes it displays the text (name of song etc) but there is no sound. Or it will just play for 3 sec and then shut off. Any suggestions?

Kristian said:

I have the latest iPhone and both with USB connection and bluetooth it works erratically, it will not play. Sometimes it displays the text (name of song etc) but there is no sound. Or it will just play for 3 sec and then shut off. Any suggestions?

Did you get any further with this? my iPhone 6 USB seems to work okay (only for music, no podcasts etc.).

Bluetooth sadly doesn't remember the last app played and always starts the same track when I get in the car, which is a bit annoying. Most of the time bluetooth is okay but I do find it sometimes just turns streaming off for no obvious reason or after a phone call. I've found turning audio off then on again by holding down the centre button on the steering wheel audio switches helps sometimes (but not always)

I've got a 5c my daughter has a 6, both work absolutely perfectly on both phone calls and playing music, admittedly both on spotify, haven't tried iTunes.

Can't really understand the gripe about it only starting to play the app played, don't all music apps go to the last track you played? This isn't the cars fault it's the phone, the car blue tooth only reflects what happening on the phone

Dave13 said:
I've got a 5c my daughter has a 6, both work absolutely perfectly on both phone calls and playing music, admittedly both on spotify, haven't tried iTunes.

Can't really understand the gripe about it only starting to play the app played, don't all music apps go to the last track you played? This isn't the cars fault it's the phone, the car blue tooth only reflects what happening on the phone

For me, I plug my iPhone 6 into the USB socket, turn on the car. Then if audio is on Bluetooth mode the car always starts playing the first track in my list of songs even if I have an app like audible open. I have to hit the play button on the audible app to 'override ' the song that's being played. I had a parrot car kit in my last car and that would not auto start music if the phone was in an app like audible or spotify.

Could you tell us what steps you follow to get spotify working perfectly please?

OK, this is how streaming etc. work with my iPhone (6) and my car (gx4hs) - hope it is helpful.

If plug my phone into a usb charger/don't plug it in at all, when you turn on the car it tries to leave off where it last was: so if you were playing spotify/audible/whatever, it tries to continue playing that. I didn't check if this works if the app is fully closed (i.e. not even in the background).

If I plug my phone into the usb port in the centre console, all bets are off! The car detects an iPod and switches audio to iPod mode and appears to be playing music from the music app, however it is actually playing the music through bluetooth - because I couldn't hear anything until I switched audio to bluetooth, at which point I heard the music playing. Also, if I try to start playing an app over bluetooth the car may switch back to iPod mode and it sometimes seems to get confused between iPod mode and bluetooth streaming.

So, for my sanity I'm simply going to plug my phone into a usb charger in the 12v accessory socket in the armrest. One day if the software gets updated and plays nice maybe I'll switch the cable over to the built in usb socket...but not today.

EDIT: even just using Bluetooth and plugged into a charger the bloody thing isn't reliable. I've now found that sometimes (often) when I turn the car on streaming will start (good) but it comes through as if it is a phone call - the mmcs thinks the audio is a phone call and has terrible sound quality (very bad). To add insult to injury I've found that real phone calls sometimes flip between handset and in car hands free.

MinimalMayhem said:
OK, this is how streaming etc. work with my iPhone (6) and my car (gx4hs) - hope it is helpful.

If plug my phone into a usb charger/don't plug it in at all, when you turn on the car it tries to leave off where it last was: so if you were playing spotify/audible/whatever, it tries to continue playing that. I didn't check if this works if the app is fully closed (i.e. not even in the background).

If I plug my phone into the usb port in the centre console, all bets are off! The car detects an iPod and switches audio to iPod mode and appears to be playing music from the music app, however it is actually playing the music through bluetooth - because I couldn't hear anything until I switched audio to bluetooth, at which point I heard the music playing. Also, if I try to start playing an app over bluetooth the car may switch back to iPod mode and it sometimes seems to get confused between iPod mode and bluetooth streaming.

So, for my sanity I'm simply going to plug my phone into a usb charger in the 12v accessory socket in the armrest. One day if the software gets updated and plays nice maybe I'll switch the cable over to the built in usb socket...but not today.

In my handbook (I have the GX3) it say connecting the phone ect to both USB and BT-A (Bluetooth Audio) can cause issues. I connect my iPhone 6 via BT-A and it plays fine so far.

We cannot get a second phone to pair to blue tooth, how do you do that? It says it can take up to 5? So then my son plugs his phone into usb cable in central console, tries spotify, and it comes on and then skips to the next song every 3 seconds. How do we stop that?

To sync tracks from iPhone 6 Plus to PHEV, here I suggest you can take a try to transfer your mobile phone's songs to a USB stick and then connect it with your Car. In this case, you will not be disrupted when listening to the songs in the Car. If you are Spotify music subscriber, here is the best Spotify Music Converter for Windows, which can help you to convert Spotify songs to MP3, then you will able to transfer Songs to the USB for playback on your car.

To transfer Spotify music from your iPhone 6 to phev, you have to subscribe to the Spotify premium, then you can use the Spotify connect feature to help you play the songs on your phev.

Another alternative solution is to download Spotify songs to usb by using the best music converter for mac. Then you can insert the usb to your PHev outlander and play directly without any problems.

hope this tips help you out.

MilesGonzalez said:
To transfer Spotify music from your iPhone 6 to phev, you have to subscribe to the Spotify premium, then you can use the Spotify connect feature to help you play the songs on your phev.

Are you sure you need premium to play Spotify in the PHEV? In my Skoda Superb it’s plug and play for both the free and the premium version

If you are a Spotify subscriber, you can use the free converter to [https://www.tunesolo.com/spotify-music-converter/download-spotify-playlist-to-mp3.html]download Spotify playlists in MP3 format[https://www.tunesolo.com/spotify-music-converter/download-spotify-playlist-to-mp3.html], and then transfer them to the car via USB, so that you can listen to songs even if you do not subscribe to Spotify premium membership .

In fact, it seems like the only way to do it for free. I do the same. A friend recommended DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter to me. It is said to be pretty good.

Maybe you can update your iPhone to the latest system. If it doesn't work, you can subscribe a Spotify premium, so that you can download songs from Spotify directly. If you don't want to be a subscriber, you may need a third-party tool, Spotify Music Unlocker. It can help you prevent the playback problem by downloading Spotify songs without a premium account. More detailed steps are here: https://www.ios-unlocker.com/how-to-download-spotify-songs-without-premium.html

Back