Outlander PHEV comments/review

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

These aren't mine, but I found them on the internet and thought it would be nice to share them on the Outlander PHEV forum here!

Some loose remarks / personal opinions after one week of driving:

- Front suspension is much more quiet than on the previous car. Might be a statement about the old car, rather than about the new car, but still it makes me happy.

- Rear view camera is much better than on my 2010 Outlander

- Curves of the hood are very nice, from a drivers point of view.

- Very quiet, as expected. Want to know how quiet? Drive into a parking garage with a coated concrete floor. Sensational.

- Charging so far effortless, both with the ChargeAmps cable (approx. 10 charges) as at public charge stations (3 partial charges). Reminder: do not forget to turn of your timer if you want to charge outside the specified window. In the Netherlands, a car was suspected broken and towed away because of this. Caution: A wall plug can become extremely hot when plugged into a lesser quality socket.

- More than fast enough. Haven't gone to the max, yet. But is is much faster than my tuned diesel Outlander, which was rated at 11 secs as well .... Before it was tuned.

- LDW works very well. A bit to well, maybe. Two options: turn it off or improve my driving. For the time being, I will try to achieve the second.

- I did not have any experience with ACC. One downside, even the shortest range is to short in my opinion. If you approach a slower vehicle, you must go to the passing lane very early, to prevent ACC from slowing down your car. To early for my taste. Faster drivers coming up behind you will be annoyed, signal or try to pass you on the right. On single lane roads it works just fine. It is a very nice to experience your car coming to a full stop, without you doing any thing. Absurd!

- So far, I've driven about 750 kilometers. Electric consumption is estimated at 110 kWh. Fuel consumption is estimated at half a tank, so approx. 22 liters.

Back